59

Night on the mountain was anything but silent. The crickets in the underbrush continuously made a cacophony of rumbling noises. From time to time, fireflies would light up the darkness with a cold, but barely visible light. Most of the time, the dim moonlight was far from enough to warm up the pitch dark night.

A few people were walking through the underbrush with light steps, grass crunching and crackling underneath their feet.

"Bro... Brother Liu." Miaomiao had started to tremble rather uncontrollably in the rapidly plummeting temperature of the night. She rubbed her arms a few times, "Aren't we going in circles?" Before she could finish speaking, she sneezed with a thunderous 'Achoo' and keeled over.

Even a topographically agnostic 1 idiot could feel it. The road they were taking at night was not the same one they walked during the day.

In the daytime, they had made a trip through the entire incense factory with Li Zhun. They didn't discover anything strange as they made their way around. Until, that is, Mu Sheng tore open one of the incense seals and took out some of the bone-ash infused incense within.

According to Li Zhun, the incense factory wasn't in production at night. If that was the case, where did this incense with bone ash mixed into it come from?

In the pursuit of the truth, they had to go there at night and make a deeper investigation.

Liu Fuyi was just about to reply but saw her stuffy nose. He seemed to think of something and took off his cloak.

Miaomiao rubbed her nose, not having reacted yet. Then, she felt a waft of plum blossom fragrance rush at her face and subsequently had a cloak tightly wrapped around her in the next moment.

Her shoulder was then pulled by someone and she was basically twirled around only to see Mu Sheng with his eyes lowered as he helped tighten the cloak around her, "We came out in the middle of the night so why did you wear so little?

Trying to freeze to death?"

Miaomiao wasn't used to staying up late into the night. Her head was as sluggish as if it was full of starch paste.

She blankly looked at him and when their gazes met, in that moment, Mu Sheng's eyes that looked like billowing black waves, seemed to contract.

He suddenly grabbed and pulled on her shoulder, and then rapidly spun her back around, "Alright, let's go."

His long lashes trembled and he immediately glanced over at Liu Fuyi, who wasn't far at all. with warning in his expression.

Miaomiao saw that Liu Fuyi, who had just about taken off his cloak, turned motionless.

She also saw his expression go from shock to gratification. On top of that, he even shot her a strange smile... He tightened his sash with a single pull and then started talking to himself,

"I am suddenly a bit cold, I won't take it off then."

What in the world is Brother Liu doing huh?

She quickly shook her head to force herself to be a bit more clear-headed.
Come to speak of it, she did feel rather aggrieved.

Of the four of them, all the rest had awesome cloaks specifically for night-time usage. With a single glance, anyone could tell that they were experts. She was the only one without one.

The flashy but thin upper jacket she brought in her baggage... made her look like an useless flower vase who freeloaded off the rest of the team.

It's just that...

Did the black lotus really take off his own cloak to give to her?

She suddenly spun her head back, coincidentally meeting gazes with Mu Sheng. Her head turned blank and she subconsciously blurted, "Thank you Young Noble Mu!"