103

"Chi chi......"

"Chi chi......"

The hanging cage swayed from side to side. The bird flapped its wings and fluttered down from its perch, looking at the empty food trough, head rolling, and mung bean-sized black eyes full of confusion.

The horizon had just begun brightening, Ling Miaomiao vaguely heard this small sound, struggling to get up, squinting her eyes, then sitting upright on the bed.

It was a cold winter morning. Relying on the support of a strong sense of responsibility, after pinching the web between her thumb and forefinger for a while to wake up, she gingerly crawled towards the edge of the bed, preparing to move her body over the person in the bed and go down to fetch some millet.

"What's wrong?" The young man turned his head to look at her, his eyes containing a soft, watery hue.

"Feeding the bird." Miaomiao put on her coat, her face flushed with sleep and still warm, and whispered, "Look, it's already chirping."

After waiting for a long time and not seeing any movement, she nudged him and smiled, "Move over."

Mu Sheng did not intend to let her pass, gazing at her: "Sleep, I'll feed it later."
"I'd be a fool to believe you." Ling Miaomiao bowed her head and made a face at him. She finished dressing and crossed over him on her hands and knees.

Mu Sheng obediently laid flat, not moving.
After letting her shift a leg over, he reached out while she was unawares and firmly caught her waist.

Miaomiao, who was forced to sit astride him: "....Let me pass." Ling Miaomiao was kneeling on the bed and used a hand to support herself on one side of him.

With his move, it caused her stretched out thigh to become more painful and with her right hand, she hit the back of the hand he had on her waist.

Mu Sheng remained grabbing onto her and did not let go. With a serious expression he talked about something off-topic: "Yesterday, we stayed up to welcome the new year."

"Oh." Ling Miaomiao blinked with a pair of bewildered almond eyes and didn't react for a moment.

What he meant was that they stayed up late yesterday and should sleep more today.

......He was good at making unreasonable arguments.

"You can keep sleeping." She pulled his arm down and assured him sincerely, "I'm not staying up either, I'll come back to sleep after feeding it."

He didn't say a word and just looked at her with watery eyes.

"Really." Ling Miaomiao was stared at by him until a thin layer of sweat appeared on her forehead. Frustratedly, she looked at him for a while, "Then...... then let me go back."

Forget feeding, forget feeding, going back and laying down should be fine, her knees were sore......

"Is Miaomiao tired?" She felt the hands wrapped around her waist pressing down, Mu Sheng's eyes were dark, his eyelashes moved, and he looked at her innocently while gently speaking, "Then, sit."

"......" She stubbornly held her ground and fled toward the outside of the bed on her hands and knees, "No, no, that...... I'm heavy!"

Her eyelashes flicked up quickly, full of serious intimidation: "Really, I will crush your stomach." Struggling to break free of his hand, she inadvertently scratched the back of his hand, leaving a few faint white marks, "Quickly...... let me down."

His hand held her, like he was pushing a volume switch, gently grabbing her, pushing back a little, then pressing down: "You won't. Try it if you don't believe it."