107

In the end, Liu Fuyi and Mu Yao who both always woke up before dawn to train their skills both overslept on the second day after they were married.

It was only when the sun had risen almost three bamboo lengths into the sky before Liu Fuyi left their room. He had only barely exited the house before he was faced with Ling Miaomiao leaning on a wall. She was hugging her arms as she looked at him out of the corner of her eye with a mysterious smile on her face.

"Big Brother Liu." She tilted her head to the side, the emerald-green ribbon used to tie her hair floating up with her movement. It felt like her apricot eyes were smiling at him as she shamelessly asked, "Isn't being newlywed such a wonderful thing?"

This little girl....

"Cough." Countless charming and gentle sensations and memories bubbled up in the depths of his mind. He tried to straighten his face out, looking up: "Where's Ah Sheng? What are you doing standing here poking at our business this early in the morning?"

Miaomiao's teasing grin faded as she started to talk about serious matters, "Big Brother Liu, can I borrow your Nine Mysterious Demon Restraining Pagoda?"

She blinked, a slight hint of heavy anxiety and restlessness within her eyes.

Liu Fuyi was stunned and subconsciously touched the small wooden pagoda in his sleeves. He asked in a baffled tone: "What are you planning to do by borrowing the Demon Restraining Pagoda?"

The Demon Restraining Pagoda wasn't like any random tool or object you might need on a daily basis. It was an extremely powerful and mighty dharma tool. Even if they could somehow control it, use it somehow, he still wouldn't lightly lend it out.

"Oh, Mu Sheng keeps attracting demons so my room always has small demons all over the place... it really is just too annoying. I just want to borrow it to suppress them."

Liu Fuyi couldn't help but smile: "Those are just lesser demons. Ah Sheng can easily wipe them all out with one hand, you should ask him."

"I don't want to." Ling Miaomiao was seething as she let out a sigh. She pulled on his sleeve, begging anxiously: "I just had an argument with him. Big Brother Liu, just let me use it for one night. I'll return it to you early tomorrow morning, ok?"

Liu Fuyi had always been most incapable of resisting girls acting entreatingly. He saw that there were dark rings under her eyes and guessed that she had only come to find him after she truly couldn't bear it anymore.

Thus, he simply pulled out the Nine Mysterious Demon Restraining Pagoda from his sleeve.

The small wooden pagoda was only the size of his palm. It was as exquisite as an art exhibit placed on a table. There was no need to say or chant anything and it would maintain its small, delicate and harmless appearance.

Even if that was the case, it would be more than enough leaving it somewhere for a night to exterminate several annoying little demons that appeared.

He handed the Demon Restraining Pagoda to Miaomiao: "Take it."

"Thank you Big Brother Liu!" Ling Miaomiao's eyes nearly narrowed into slits as she wrapped her fingers carefully around the Demon Restraining Pagoda. She slowly turned around before trotting back to her room.

Liu Fuyi watched her back figure, smiling before shaking his head. He went out to buy some more yellow paper.

In her room, Ling Miaomiao laid on her bed in a daze by herself. Her hand supported her chin as she watched the slightly tilted pagoda in front of her eyes. Quite a while later, she finally reached out to play with the Demon Restraining Pagoda before her eyelashes started to tremble and she closed her eyes.