110

"Miaomiao, wake up." Ling Miaomiao was scooped up from the bed by someone. She opened her eyes in a daze, her vision slightly blurred. She could only see the distinct veins on the back of Mu Sheng's pale hand. She shook her head hard as a bowl of steaming medicine was placed against her mouth.

Mu Sheng took her by the shoulders and put her in his arms, holding the bowl steadily in his other hand, looking down at the person in his arms, his chin gently resting against the top of her hair.

"Oh." She exhaled feebly, feeling as if she was a fire-breathing dragon, who had slept on a volcano for who knew how long. Her skin would have cracked like an arid piece of land had it not been for Mu Sheng waking her up every once in a while and feeding her some cool water.

The medicine in the bowl exuded a strange smell, the bitterness of the medicine contained a subtle fragrance which smelled like someone had thrown rouge and powder in and cooked it. Ling Miaomiao picked up on that scent and felt a little sick to her stomach and shied away from the bowl: "What is this?"

These days, her high fever had affected her appetite, she could hardly eat anything, and so her body was very weak.

"It's medicine, drink it." The rim of the bowl followed her lips, and persistently pressed against it.

Miaomiao pressed down her reluctance and took a small sip from his hand. The temperature of the medicine was just right, so bitter that the tongue was paralyzed, but there was a surprising aftertaste of sweetness.

Without the sweetness, it was fine, but once the sweetness was there, it became incongruous, and Ling Miaomiao's stomach suddenly began churning, she gently pushed the bowl away and whispered: "I don't want to drink it."

Mu Sheng paused for a moment, but still tightly held on to her and coaxed her forcefully: "Finish it."

Ling Miaomiao shook her head vigorously, her eyebrows knitted together and her lips pursed.

Not to mention finishing it, even continuing to smell it, made her want to vomit uncontrollably.

Mu Sheng sat frozen in place and seemed to hesitate for a moment. Then he reached out and squeezed her cheeks and used a bit of force to pry her mouth open.

Ling Miaomiao saw that the situation was unfavorable and immediately began struggling. He then tightened his arms, trapping her within them.

Miaomiao's cheeks hurt as she was forced to open her mouth under his coercion, and he tilted the bowl and poured it down her throat.

"You must drink it."

It's been a long time since he acted in such a forceful manner.

The warm medicine was poured down her throat, and her whole body shuddered. Having hardly eaten anything in the past few days, her stomach was agitated, and she choked violently, spitting out all the medicine that had just been poured in.

Ling Miaomiao choked so much, tears came out. If not for the young man's arm holding her belly tightly, she would have rushed out and weakly sprawled out onto the floor.

Mu Sheng sat rigidly and felt her body twitching in her arms, pursing her lips, seemingly struggling to control her emotions.

Ling Miaomiao slowly recovered her strength, angry, but as she was about to rebuke him, she saw that she had vomited all over him, her clothes were wet, and she was sitting there in a daze, feeling a little guilty, and looked askance at him: "If it weren't for you pouring it down my throat like that......"

There was not much expression on Mu Sheng's face, he just hugged her tightly and didn't say anything.

"Actually, I don't need to drink medicine, I'll be better after getting some more sleep. Ling Miaomiao's throat was burning, and she struggled to explain, "It's just a common cold......"