72

The illusion demon languidly sat back on her seat while trimming her nails. There was bright red fingernail polish on all ten fingers of her petite little hands. Along with her crimson lips and a tyrannical aura emanating from between her brows, she looked a bit out of sorts.

It was not that she loved this body of a little girl but rather, as a naturally born illusion demon, her only shortcoming was that she couldn't take human form. She could only use this ready-made body. Because of this, she had hibernated for so long. Reaching this point in her thoughts, she couldn't help but feel a little sullen.

She was going to take out her sullenness on these exorcists that had overestimated themselves, and had fallen into her trap.

"Brother Liu...." Her eyelid slightly raised as she lazily called out, "I'm a little hungry."

Liu Fuyi stood beside her just like a loyal and devoted servant. When he heard her words, he immediately asked in a deferential manner: "I'll go to the kitchen and bring you something to eat."

The illusion demon uttered an 'Mhm' and her face twisted into a strange smile, "Alright."

Liu Fuyi walked a decent distance away, pace neither fast nor slow. Even from his back, he exuded a very strong independent temperament of someone distanced from mortal life.

The illusion demon extended her fingers to admire the nails she cut herself: Actually, this underground palace was just an empty shell.

There was absolutely no food within the kitchen. As for all the liveliness down there, it was all just an imitation of the daily lifestyle within the Li residence.

It was just that after countless centuries of solitude, now that she finally had a puppet companion, even if all the livelihood and fire were fake, she still felt absolutely satisfied.

Liu Fuyi entered the kitchen.

There was only Ling Miaomiao in the kitchen.

She was wearing a light-green jacket and standing with her side to him. At the moment, she was stirring a pot with no fire beneath with her head lowered.

"Why aren't you simmering medicine?" He silently approached her, his indigo blue robes fluttering slightly along with his movements, carrying a sort of unfamiliar pressure.

Ling Miaomiao raised her head, eyes filled with alarm. She hesitated for a moment before timidly saying: "Brother Liu..."

"What is it?" He coldly asked.

The girl extended out her thin finger, very carefully pointing at the stove while humming and hawing: "Fire....."

He bent his waist over to look into the dark cavity below. Upon seeing the firewood piled up messily within, he wrenched up his brows:

"What's wrong with the fire?"

Her voice sounded from above his head. It sounded a bit indistinct: "I can't light the fire...

Liu Fuyi let out a breath of air. He had thought it was something important yet it was actually something trivial as this.

He was about to straighten out his waist when Ling Miaomiao suddenly pulled out the arm she had hidden behind her back. She had the porcelain pitcher that was originally from the main hall and contained a red plum flower, in her hand, 'Bang Shatter!' She slammed it into the back of his head.

The shattered shards suddenly flew in all directions. Bits of blood and red plum petals blossomed all over the shards. Liu Fuyi's body slid down the side of the stove onto the ground, falling over.

"Brother Liu, I-... I'm sorry. You can hit me back later...."

Ling Miaomiao's heart was leaping at the speed of light. Both of her legs had cramped unconsciously and so she could only use an extremely twisted posture to pull his body with clenched teeth. After moving him a short distance, she leaned him back against the edge of the stove.