21

"Drawing talismans is extremely complicated, it's extremely difficult for beginners to grasp onto. I'll gift you some already prepared talismans. Carry them with you in case of emergencies." Liu Fuyi's long, slender fingers tidied up a pile of yellow talismans and split them into several stacks. They were covered with complicated symbols and characters; He pointed at the characters and explained: "This is the Warding

Talisman, wear it. This is the Transmission Talisman, you've seen me use it before."

Miaomiao nodded her head and took a glimpse out the corner of her eye to see Mu Yao staring at them continuously with a cold face. She didn't even hear a single word Mu Sheng was saying to her.

"Brother Liu, how should I use this?" Her eyes flew open, filled with ignorance, as she neared Liu Fuyi even further.

The scented sachet Liu Fuyi always carried on him was filled with mugwort and daylily. The combination was just right and when the scents mixed together, it was elegant and not bleak in the slightest. It was an incredibly charming odor.

"Let me demonstrate for you." He started making actions with his hand, starting off slow before gaining speed. The several simple movements were performed as harsh as a gust of wind, his fingers seemed to carry sand and dirt along with them.

"I've taught you the mnemonic chant already so why don't you go ahead and try it?" Fuyi handed the talisman over to her.

Miaomiao muttered to herself and extended her arms out and started clawing about in a comical manner. Her actions were both stiff and shaky, just like a little girl playing Cat's Cradle1 or also a Lama2 dancing and leaping about to a shamanistic ritual.

"Not like that..." Liu Fuyi's brows scrunched up as he looked at the helpless expression on her face; He could only smile in this situation.

She clearly looked extremely intelligent, how did he fail to teach her well?
The green bamboo forest wasn't all just bamboo. Indistinctly visible behind the bamboo forest, was a pond of water with water so clean one could see the bottom.

The main leads set up camp here and comfortably washed away all of the sorry states they had been in. Then, they could finally hurry along.

A portion of Ling Miaomiao's hair was sticking up left and right. With a dark green hairband, she tied up her hair and it looked just like a child's style.

This sort of underage girl's hairstyle surprisingly didn't look out of place on her. On top of the dash of blackness the light blue skirt brought about with the two raw flowery dimples, she appeared like a tender little sprout crawling out of a branch when spring finally arrived.

It was completely different from the always insipid Mu Yao. Girls who deliberately dressed up were simply too obviously charming. It was to the extent that she was especially eye-catching when she drilled back and forth beside the silk-clothed Liu Fuyi.

Not only was Mu Yao unable to remove her stare from them all the way down the road, even Mu Sheng was unconsciously staring at them absentmindedly again and again.

After recovering from his absentmindedness, an unclear surge of rage from an unknown reason suddenly charged through him. This kind of emotion was very dangerous, it was a vile desire to destroy everything.

"It's so difficult, I can't learn it." Ling Miaomiao stared at her hand, feeling defeated. Mentally, she was drowning Ling Yu in a torrent of curses.

[System, systemmmm! Enough, have you had enough yet?!]

In the original book, after Ling Yu experienced a night of drinking together with Liu Fuyi, she was like a little girl that fell in love with her wishful thinking. Not only did she dress up like a little flower butterfly flitting about, she even pretended to be unable to learn his skills. She tricked Liu Fuyi into continuously teaching her with his hand motions while traveling, irritating Mu Yao to the point that her anger seemed to reach the ozone layer.