31

The grassy fauna bent over following the path of the wind. The continuous range of mountain peaks seemed to connect to the heavens, at the foot of the mountain, the erected eaves reflected the blood-like sunlight. Below the eaves was a whole nother color palette: An ancient tree that looked like a malevolent demon claw and uneven ash grey walls were all seemingly covered by a boundless gloomy fog.

She had seen 'Heavenly G-String'1 before but she had never seen this kind of 'uniformity'. Ling Miaomiao couldn't help but furrow her brows, "What's going on? Doesn't this look too ominous?"

Mu Sheng didn't make a sound. His pitch black pupils were motionlessly locked onto this sight and the corner of his mouth was drawn tight. Under his sleeve, He silently removed the Demon Restraining Circlet from his wrist and tightly grabbed it in his hands.

Ling Miaomiao knew that he was currently going into a wary stance.

The sharp, blade-like sunlight shone directly down onto his forehead. He didn't dodge the gleam of sunlight and just held on against the light, only slightly narrowing his eyes.

The sky suddenly turned dark in a strange way. Dark clouds moved to cover up the sun, the light and dark screen chased after each other. The towering mountains in the distance seemed to suddenly cover up the heavens, in the several kilometers of space around them, there seemed to only be the two of them.

Mu Sheng's hairband was blown about by the wind with a near whistling noise, lightly brushing past her cheeks.

Ling Miaomiao stuck herself towards his body: "This... this isn't the same Xingshang Temple we went to that day, right?"

Mu Sheng gave a side glance at her. Ling Miaomiao raised her chin towards the dusky side of the temple hall: "Azure stream mountain softly flowing along, transported to the flower palace. The poem of the side of the wall is gone."

The youth's mouth tilted up, the pupils below his feather-like lashes were ink-black: "How smart, however..." His smile became deeper and suddenly turned into a mocking smile:
"With the countless mountains that came out of nowhere, do you still need to pay attention to two lines of characters?"

Ling Miaomiao turned her head over to look at the endless range of mountains:".."
As the Xingshan Temple grew more and more close, the sky also grew increasingly gloomy.

The wind grew more and more fierce, engulfing fallen leaves and sweeping dust everywhere. It slowly grew to feel like the wind was cutting into their bones.

Ling Miaomiao raised her head high up to stare at the sky. The sky had already turned into a dark yellow color, both unclear and fuzzy. The trees in the distance were all violently rocking about with loud creaking sounds. "Hey..." She spoke up to remind him, "It looks like a sandstorm."

Mu Sheng had been contemplating for a long time and now, upon Miaomiao's words, raised his head up to look at the sky and slowly rotated his pupils around.

"Ah....." Miaomiao also looked up and got a handful of dust blown into her eyes. She hastily reached out to grab Mu Sheng's clothes as she started to wildly cough dryly with tears starting to roll out: "Can we find a place to hide?"

Mu Sheng lowered his head to take a look at the hand pulling at his clothes - having been thrown too many times into a human pit, her act of grabbing onto his clothes had become a habit.

Ling Miaomiao had coughed till she was half bent over. Her grip on his clothes grew tighter and tighter, till she had pulled him forward a step. He lowered his lashes at her: "Sand went into your eyes, not your throat. Why are you acting this insane."

Ling Miaomiao rubbed her eyes and stood up. Her apricot eyes were red like a hare's: "What would you understand, my father taught me that if I do this I can shake the sand out of my eyes." She stuck her face out towards him as evidence: "See, take a look."