64

"...Leave...leave some for me, would you?" Ling Miaomiao began tugging at his sleeves and forcefully stole the pot of wine from him. She began giving him a long-winded lecture while struggling to seize the wine back. "You're so boring. Do you even know what exchanging cups 1 means?"

Ling Miaomiao was close to drinking herself into unconsciousness but her words continued to spill out. Her mind was muddled and the filter between her thoughts and mouth was not working.

Mu Sheng snatched the wine pot by her lips in one swift move.

Like this, the wine pot was passed between them under mocking remarks and they finished the entire pot in the dark.

What should have been a cold night, instead... heated them up with their drinking, nearly burning them up from the inside out.

"Why did you decide to drink in the middle of the night?"

And she had even done so in his bed.

"..."She hesitated before continuing in a quieter voice. "My heart...heart feels uncomfortable."

The corners of his lips lifted, a ridiculing smile appearing in his black eyes. "Miss Ling will also have times when her heart feels uncomfortable?"

He had thought she couldn't be harmed by anything and was indifferent to the world.

"Mm."He didn't know if it was because she was drunk, but surprisingly, she did not glare back at him.

The young man stared blankly back at her but then immediately let out a cold laugh.

"Zigi, really..."Who would've thought she would slowly wiggle closer, blinking her eyes.

She neared him in a state of deliriousness, and sincerely made an apology, "I shouldn't have said those words earlier, I'm sorry..."

"Sorry..."

"Sorry sorry.."

It stood to reason that this matter should most definitely not have been dealt with in this way.

When it came to sore points like this, how could it be solved with just a few words? Yet, she used this kind of direct method, which was simple and unrefined, to face this issue.

Direct and straightforward.

The worries which had tormented him all night, the things he had debated about in his mind, had all become jumbled again. His head was filled with her mutterings.

"Fine!" The young man, who had reached the end of his rope, pushed away the girl's soft face with a hand and told the girl, "Ling Miaomiao, shut up!"

She went silent for a few seconds and rolled her eyes a few times under great exhaustion before clenching her fists, as if desperately reminding herself to not fall asleep. Then she began to explain in a muffled voice, "As your friend, I'm actually worrying about you."

"...What do I have for you to worry about?"

She couldn't straighten out her tongue,"That's not right, I said it wrong, it's care about you."

"...Then, what do I have for you to care about?"

"You and Sister Mu aren't compatible. If you like Sister Mu... you will be very miserable, no one will understand you, your petals will fall off from worry. You should like someone else instead, Mu Sheng, like someone else instead..."

She cajoled him noisily without end and repeatedly brought up Mu Yao, earning his ire.

He should have thrown Ling Miaomiao off the bed, but the girl's fingers slowly landed on his face. They were ice-cold but gentle and caring.