80

The third day of their stay in Chang'an, they received a letter which was hurriedly delivered by Liu Fuyi. There was still residual moisture left on it from it having rained for several days in a row and the thin paper had been wrinkled by dew.

Mu Yao's trembling fingers gave away her eagerness as she unfolded the letter, but after glancing through it, she only smiled with a pale face. Without uttering a single world, she then folded the paper four times and locked it in a box.

"Sister." Mu Sheng's black eyes followed her face and his nerves began going taut. "What is it?"

She lowered her eyes, the mole at the corner glimmered under the light, and her skin seemed to be transparent. "It's nothing. The search can't be delayed so we're going to Town Wufang first.

Mu Sheng's knuckles rapped on the small box, "Let me take a look."

"Let's not worry about him, let's play a round first..."

"Let me take a look." He didn't budge at all from his position, a cold look swirling in his eyes as he made a rare display of willfulness in front of his sister.

The smile which was hanging on by a thread on Mu Yao's face, vanished completely. Her hand loosened up listlessly and she slumped back in her chair.

Mu Sheng pursed his lips and took out the pale colored paper. The handwriting on the paper was nearly illegible and there were only two columns, "The situation has changed. The date of return is uncertain. There's no need to wait, go on ahead."

He slapped the paper onto the table, his tone grave, "Sister!"

Mu Yao turned her head to the side, quickly wiping away a trace of a glimmering and translucent drop. She took a deep breath. The corners of her eyes were red as she forced a smile, "A'Sheng, don't make a fuss."

Mu Sheng looked at her silently, were it not for being forced into this corner, she never would've shown such a lost look.

He knew Sister carried a deep affection for Liu Fuyi. He tried his best when he was young but was still unable to get between them.

He had been jealous for so many years he had almost become accustomed to it. And after going through several trials, they became even more inseparable and unshakable.

Seeing them come all this way and come so close to marriage, he only thought that perhaps this was the story's ending and the ending which he would passively accept as there was nothing he could do to change it.

Things had already come to this point, what else could he do?

But why was it that Liu Fuyi suddenly decided to leave his sister at this point in time...

For all these years, Mu Yao had never cried in front of him.

An unusual coldness slowly accumulated in his eyes, "Sister, are you still going to wait for him this time?"

Mu Yao raised her head in surprise:,"What do you mean?"

His turn turned even colder, "Will Sister forgive him every time he does this?"

"Forgive?" She wrinkled the space between her brows. "Fuyi hasn't done anything to be sorry for, why would I need to forgive him?"

He lowered his eyes, his soft and beautiful eyelashes hiding the writhing disgust in his eyes, "Young Master Liu never avoids situations which could be misunderstood, is half-hearted, indecisive, and never rejects any of the girls who approach him. Sister, is this the person you like?"

Mu Yao froze in shock then began trembling from the force of her anger as his words sank in, " A'Sheng, how could you speak so harshly?"

The young man stood up abruptly and looked down at Mu Yao. After a period of silence, he sneered, seeming to have reached breaking point. "Harsh?"