43

Wind and rain paused.

Ling Miaomiao half pried open her eyes only to discover to her amazement that the clay statue's broken limbs piled up like a small mountain. It was split in half, with the black lotus standing in the center like an icebreaker effortlessly creating a path of radiance.

She sucked in a deep breath, chilling her lungs with the cold air. She nearly swallowed the pearls in her mouth, causing her to choke for a good while before harshly coughing it out with a 'Pu!'.

"Cough cough cough... this... what is this?"

The red light around Mu Sheng had temporarily shrunk but the evil qi floating between his brows had not dissipated. With a fierce backhand, he slapped her thigh and shouted, "Swallow it!"

His slap on her thigh was far from considerate or light, and it shocked Ling Miaomiao so much she immediately put it back into her mouth without any stray thought of hesitation as her heartbeat sounded like a drum in her chest.

The sweet blood caused her to be unable to swallow. What kind of world was this? Forcing her to swallow this flavourless bead?

She paused for a moment and then mumbled in somewhat of an unintelligible voice with the pearl in her cheeks, "You... weren't you going to discard me?"

Mu Sheng was silent for a long second before fiercely retorting, "Say another word and I'll toss you right away.'
Ling Miaomiao was silent. She realized it now.

The black lotus saved her after traveling down countless mental paths crisscrossing back and forth. Now, he was sulking at his own compassion that should not have appeared.

"Then let me down, I... I'll walk by myself?" She very cautiously sneaked a glance at the back of his head. She squirmed twice and wanted to slide down off of his back but only to discover that her body had turned rigid all over, just like a block of stone.

Not to mention walking, simply 'squirming' was already impossible. In great shock, she exclaimed, "Why can't I move at all!?"

Her mind spun and everything flipped upside down. She shouted in a voice filled with grief and indignation, "Did you stick that damn talisman on my back again!?"

Mu Sheng paused for a moment before explaining in an angry, suppressed tone, "Your body has absolutely zero resistance to the aphrodisiac fragrance. With the cleansing pill in your mouth and the talisman on your back, you can barely resist, understand?"

Ling Miaomiao fell apart in an instant, "... oh."

This body was far too weak, weak to the point that it would piss off people and gods.
Transmigrators who were as weak and fragile as her, were really one in a million, never seen before.

Holding onto Dowager Consort Zhao's jade tablet, she was supposed to find the Sarira in place of the Dowager Consort.

However, looking at her current situation and at her current situation with Mu Sheng deliberately distancing himself to watch the events unfold..could she ever even find it?

Counting the time that had elapsed, it was already pass er geng (21:00 – 23:00), when could they regroup with the main leads?

"Hey, Mu Sheng—-"

Miaomiao was most afraid of a long, extended period of lifeless silence.

In the past when she would go out to play, she would be the one sitting shotgun talking endlessly to prevent the driver from falling asleep. Her voice was both crisp and bright so even if she were to lower it even more, it was still like the soft tinkling of a silver bell. On the long, tiring road, it would be the one to fill the air with laughter and merry.