115 (Extra 3)

"Like I said, Ah Sheng is a very thorough child." Ling Lushan leaned back in his chair, his belly revealed, and spoke with a smile while drinking tea.

The servants had already set up the boxes, each box contained different frozen birds and animals, a spectacular sight to behold. The blocks of ice were slowly emitting cold air, keeping the room cool for the time being.

Mu Sheng sat on the side, his eyelashes lowered and unmoving. Ling Miaomiao looked at him, coughed and answered for him: "Not even close.

The only thing that surprised her was that her father didn't ask about Mu Sheng's condition at all, and accepted it as if nothing had happened, which made her feel a little guilty.

"Nonsense," her father shot a glance at her, "When you got married, he even sent geese all the way here."

When the goose came, it was alive, with a big red ribbon tied on its wings, fluttering around in the hall, causing havoc. The maids serving tea in the rooms, and the sweepers outside, all left their work and ran over to see it, giving a lot of face.

Ling Miaomiao pursed her lips and smiled.

Father Mayor glanced mysteriously at Mu Sheng, and lowered his voice, as if afraid he would hear: "In fact, when they first stayed with us, I took a fancy to him."

However, no matter how loud he was, Mu Sheng did not react; he looked to the side and focused on Ling Miaomiao's hands that were unshelling peanuts.

Miaomiao finished unshelling and stuffed one into his mouth: "You're joking again; how come father didn't take a fancy to Brother Liu?"

"Hmph." Father Mayor let out a cold laugh. "At first glance, Young Master Liu and Miss Mu were in love, even if you liked him, father would not allow it."

Ling Miaomiao sneered: "At the time, he was so arrogant. Where was he any good?"

The Mu Sheng of that time was outwardly gentle and polite. Inside, he was full of barbs, and after getting to know him, one would know that he was very bad-natured and unapproachable.

He built up a strong sense of caution. Whoever treated him well, he would not dare to trust, and often bite the hand which fed him.

When the average person was backstabbed by an unappreciative being once, they would stop and never feed him again. So he would be alone again, in a vicious cycle of waiting, expectation, and disappointment.

Had Ling Miaomiao not repeatedly lowered her attitude at the system's request, breaking through his defenses and learning that he was such a person inside, he would have remained locked behind a high wall until his last breath, with no one understanding.

Ling Miaomiao suddenly felt that the capture task set by the system seemed to make a little bit of sense.

As for any opinions on "how was Mu Sheng any good," Father Ling candidly spread out his hands: "Handsome, of course."

Seeming to think it wasn't quite right to rely on the outer appearance alone, he added another reason, "Young people, being a little frivolous can add to their appeal."

The afternoon went by very comfortably, Mu Sheng sat next to her, a quiet participant, but not feeling superfluous.

All in all, Father Mayor had a certain charisma. His ability to accept things was very strong. He was able to remain vigorous and lively even on the most miserable of days.

"Right, have A'Yi take you over to prepare, your maternal aunt is coming to visit tomorrow, you have to thank her properly.

Ling Miaomiao thought for a long time before she remembered who it was—— the aunt who had stood witness to her marriage in the dilapidated temple. For the sake of the precious pair of sheepskin shoes, she really couldn't treat her poorly.