61

The first time they attempted to scout out the incense factory at night, they failed without a single gain.

First, there was that absolutely random appearance of Princess Duanyang, stubbornly insisting on confessing to Liu Fuyi. After he tactfully rejected her, Liu Fuyi couldn't be at ease letting her go back by herself while bawling so terribly. He directly sent her all the way back to Fengyang Palace that night.

There was also Mu Sheng. After resting for an hour within the woods, his complexion suddenly changed. Mu Yao had asked him if he was feeling unwell but he shook his head.

It had been a long time since Mu Yao last showed concern to her younger brother. She warmly raised her hand, thinking to check the temperature of his forehead, "Ah Sheng, let me see."

Usually, he would've long rushed over to her in great delight and acted like a spoiled child. This time however, he stiffly dodged her hand. Then, he walked into his room without any emotions showing on his face.

Mu Yao asked Miaomiao in shock, "....What's going on with him?"

As Miaomiao had been rather infuriated by the black lotus, and her face showed it, "How would I know? He's sick."

Her voice was crisp and sweet. Her voice managed to directly pierce through the door panel and entered Mu Sheng's ears.

He was sitting on the floor, back against the couch bed. His watery black pupils were fixed on the bricks making up the floor. Like that, 2 hours passed in the blink of an eye.

...... He really had fallen sick.

Why was it that everytime he closed his eyes, his head would immediately become filled with images of...

Him on top of.....

Forcefully shutting his eyes, a wave of Exploding Sparks flew out and exploded, the roaming small demons in the vicinity immediately meeting disaster. In an instant, their demon cores were shattered into dregs.

As Liu Fuyi had to return to the palace with Duanyang and Mu Sheng shut his doors, unwilling to leave, the banquet that day ended earlier.

As if to compensate them, Madam Shi specially opened a small repose in the afternoon. She put out a few of the cakes she was an expert at making and invited Miaomiao and Mu Yao.

There were brown chestnut cakes, light-yellow walnut pastries, pink cherry blossom pastries and snow-white white cakes plated on petal shaped plates.

They coincidentally also formed the shape of a four petal flower.

Madam Shi helped pour tea for the both of them and floating amongst the tea leaves were small, delicate flower blossoms. A refreshing aroma wafted off from the tea, both sweet and fragrant.

"Did you make all of these yourself?" Ling
Miaomiao stared with amazement at the veritably sparkling cherry-blossom pastry.

This level of skill was just like the chef who made her most beloved molasses mantou, perhaps even surpassing him.

"Yes." Madam Shi's eyes were narrowed into slits as she smiled so widely her double chin showed. "As my days are often boring, I practiced my cooking skills. This is also a good way to change Ah Zhun and Chuchu's meal variety from time to time."

Miaomiao picked up a single cherry blossom pastry and bit into it. When half of it was already in her stomach, she took a sip of the tea. Two kinds of fragrances collided, leaving a sort of peculiar charm behind.

"It's so delicious!" Miaomiao sincerely praised.

Madam Shi let a small laugh escape. Her double chin became ever more obvious and her beautiful lips curled up as she continued in a very warm tone, "Miss Ling has a good tongue. Today's jasmine tea is specially used to pair with these desserts."