88

"This Murongshi, what kind of flower is it?" Someone interrupted them.

The old man shook his head: "Mu Rongshi's is not a 'flower', furthermore, her name is not even engraved— because it's not known whether this name is true or not."

A low murmur was heard in the hall, the audience seemingly dissatisfied. The person who asked the question raised his voice again: "Then why are you talking about her? Last time, the story of the magnolia flower, Wu Xian, playing two men was brilliant. Why not continue telling it?"

The people in the audience echoed his sentiment.

Mu Yao's face turned red. She looked around and sure enough, most of the people sitting around were young men, so she became even more embarrassed.

The table behind them was still talking about science: "This old man here, tells a short part of a story every day for the amusement of the diners present. Everything being told is something which once happened before in Huazhe." His trailing voice took on a bit of levity.

"Once happened?"

"The story is from when Huazhe was still a brothel, and each girl had a refined name on top of their brothel name. Legend has it that Huazhe has nine thousand nine hundred eighty-one flowers, a dazzling line-up, each with its own charm... This old man, has already talked about forty-nine flowers."

The person at the opposite end of the table laughed: "Indeed, the real reason we come here to eat is to also listen to this alluring story."

The man took a sip of wine and sighed:
"Alluring, but not vulgar, utterly splendid."
Ling Miaomiao tilted her head to survey the interior design of the hall. The second floor still retained the gauze and bead curtains, a dazzling pink air remaining in the fine details.

Through the old wooden staircase, it was as if a scene of women swaying their hips and holding their handkerchiefs while walking up to the second floor could be seen.

"Everyone, please listen." The old man reached out to calm the disgruntled diners, "You must be thinking that this Mu Rongshi must have an unsightly appearance to not have her name on a wooden plaque and be given a flower name. Is that right?"

"The truth is just the opposite - With Mu Rongshi's ice skin, jade bones, and her heavenly looks, the owner of Huazhe, Lady Liu, could not think of a flower which could match her, and could only hide her in the East Warm Room of the third floor, like jevelry in a box, unless she was called for by the princes or nobles, she never came out to show their faces."

"Wow.." The people at the bottom were immediately subdued.

Since ancient times, the more mysterious and arrogant a beauty was, the more arresting she was.

The old man scanned his eyes around in satisfaction and then continued, "The story starts with the arrival of Young Noble Zhao in Wufang Town. Who is this Young Noble Zhao?

He was the son of a large family; his status was noble; furthermore, his appearance was one in a million. Since he was a teenager, he had been vied and pestered by all kinds of noble girls, and he could not be bothered."

"Therefore, Young Noble Zhao had a proud temperament, and he didn't give a second glance to any of the females who showed him affection."

With just a few words, brought the people seated below into the story, listening with zest.

"This year, Young Noble Zhao rejected two to three marriage proposals, and refused dozens of confessions. Feeling very annoyed, he came to Wufang Town to relax on the pretext of taking care of business. And in our town, is eating, drinking, and playing not what it's most famous for? A line-up of bars and brightly lit nights, perfect for travelers to indulge and forget about their worries and the road home."