22

Miaomiao couldn't help but retreat a few steps. She watched the black lotus warily as if she was watching a monster.

"Are you scared now?" He turned around and no longer bothered with her, yet there was a sneering smile on his face.

What magnanimous and lenient? Wasn't she merely the same as others? How did she stand out from the masses at all?

Not willing to take another two steps, the person behind him chased up to him while gasping for breath: "Wait, stop right there!"

Turning around, he saw that it was the long lashes of Ling Miaomiao: "Just now, what did you stick onto me?" She didn't have any hope that he'd answer him. Thus, after fiercely questioning him, she extended a hand and the angry expression on her face disappeared immediately, replaced by a shameless smile: "It was very useful, give me one."

Ling Miaomiao was very calm mentally: You can't use normal methods to deal with him. If this guy wasn't blackened all the way down to his skeleton, he wouldn't be the black lotus.

"..." Mu Sheng's gaze fell onto her palm. His footsteps slowly down, "I already gave you a scented sachet."

"Don't make excuses, didn't you exchange that with me?"

He harrumphed and lowered his lashes to look at the nonexistent black ash on the ground:
"Exchange what?"

In the art of acting unreasonable, Ling Miaomiao could only accept defeat.
After he finally turned the scented sachet that irked him so into ash, Ling Miaomiao could feel that Mu Sheng's mood was incomparably good. He even took the initiative to speak to her: "Didn't you say you wanted to talk?"

If you want to talk, then we'll talk.
Miaomiao felt bored to death as she flipped the talisman in her hands over: "You learnt all of these magic spells when you were young, I think it must've been pretty easy yeah?

Ling Miaomiao was extremely sensitive to numbers. Although reciting mnemonics and drawing talismans was somewhat complicated, there was still a rule and order to everything inside.

Earlier, Liu Fuyi had taught her for half a day. She had basically already grasped everything. The black lotus was also very intelligent, she thought that he must be the kind of talent that had never experienced bitterness and setbacks before.

As long as he had a chance to climb up higher, he would put his all into grasping the chance. At his young age, he had already become somewhat of an expert.

Mu Sheng watched her from the corner of his eye for a while before speaking in a ridiculing tone: "These basic spells are actually extremely difficult to learn. The trick I just played on Miss Ling was one left over from my youth."

".." She didn't think that the black lotus would completely see through her in one glance.

"That's quite a coincidence then."

"I advise to be frugal with them then." Mu Sheng shifted his gaze onto the distant Liu Fuyi. His wet, dark pupils contained a cold smile within: "If it's not yours, it'll never become yours."

Hearing his words, Miaomiao directly scrunched up her brows: "Where did your line of thought fly off to? I'm just treating Brother Liu like an older brother."

Mu Sheng acted as if he had heard something that caught his interest: "I also just call Mu Yao sister..."

They both came to an abrupt pause.

The two stared each other in the eye. Miaomiao tried her best to suppress the shock on her face and Mu Sheng was also in somewhat of a blank daze.

The secret nobody else had known, even he himself was unwilling to admit to this disgraceful intention, was just this simply, basically nonchalantly, blurted out right in front of her face?