77

Ling Miaomiao sat beside Mu Sheng's bed. She stirred the medicine in the bowl but was hit by a sudden impulse. She raised the spoon to her mouth and took a small taste, her entire face immediately crumpling up into a ball, "Blegh blegh ugh—-"

Mu Sheng had a complex expression on his face as he watched her, "That's my medicine, why are you drinking it?"

"I was just testing the temperature...." When she opened her mouth to complain, her tongue was still a bit numb and a thick bitter flavor pervaded her mouth with no way for her to get rid of. She couldn't help but place the bowl on the table, "This can't do, this medicine is undrinkable. It's bitter enough to kill someone!"

"What do you mean undrinkable?" He raised the bowl and was about to drink it when he suddenly froze. His hand shook and he placed the bowl back where it was.

"What's wrong? Ling Miaomiao became very anxious in the blink of an eye, "Was your hand injured as well?"

The youth touched his own wrist and paused for a moment. Then he lowered his head then replied with an 'mhm' without clearly displaying his meaning.

She didn't recall a wound being on his hand. Could it be that when he tossed her up from the underground palace, he used too much force and dislocated his wrist....

Ling Miaomiao looked over at his sleeve, "Where's the injury?"

He went silent for a few moments but the tips of his ears were red. "Even if I say it, you wouldn't know."

She let out a sigh of disappointment. She picked up the bowl like a wilted flower and put a spoonful near his mouth, "Then you have to call Sister Mu over later in the afternoon to take a look. We can only make do in the current situation I guess."

Mu Sheng lowered his head, taking it all very well as he drank the medicine.
There was a period of complete silence within the room.

After two sips, he suddenly lowered his head and said, "It's tiring to continually bend my head."

"....." Ling Miaomiao was speechless as she watched him.

She simply could not imagine that someone could feel that moving their chin and head down to drink medicine could feel tired, "More tiring than me holding this bowl huh."

He looked at her and spoke in a clear tone,
"Scooch on over closer."

Ling Miaomiao lowered her head to take a look and saw that her knees were already right against the bed frame. If she moved closer...

She simply just kicked off her shoes and raised one leg to climb onto the bed. Only by the time that she was already completely on the bed did she realize that her actions could be somewhat rude. She froze for a moment to spit out a question, "You don't mind right?"

Mu Sheng lowered his head to look at the bowl in her hand, "...don't say so much nonsense."

Ling Miaomiao twisted her body around and slowly shifted her body over to his side. He moved deeper into the bed, giving her some space to sit.

"Wow, this is so much more comfortable~" Ling Miaomiao let out a sigh and rubbed her palms together. She sat close to him, basically right beside his face as she raised a spoon towards his mouth. However, he suddenly closed his mouth and the medicine immediately spilled down. It dripped down the corners of his mouth, down his neck and continued downwards.

"Ah—-" She hurriedly shot out her hand to grab her handkerchief to wipe away the medicine. At the same time, she wiped over his throat and touched the corner of his lips as she did so. She simply covered his mouth with her hand and fiercely scolded, "Didn't you say I had a leaky mouth in the past? Look at you now, spilling your medicine. Why'd you close your mouth when you're supposed to drink hah?"