90

Photo above: Young Master Zhao

Ling Miao Miao opened her eyes, right before the tip of her nose, so close to touching, was the embroidered Qilin design on Mu Sheng's neat and tidy clothes.

His body was refreshingly cool, even the faint smell of incense carried a penetrating coolness. Even if his hands were around her waist, there was not an uncomfortable oppressive feeling.

Leaning against him was like leaning against a fine silk canopy, with a strange, dignified, extravagant comfort.

Mu Sheng sensed that she was awake and slowly approached, carefully laying kisses on her, starting from her forehead, and moving down tentatively down her rosy lips.

Her eyelashes trembled; her body shifted slightly, but she did not struggle, and even raised her chin to allow his kiss.

He instantly had a plan in mind – she was most well-behaved and least temperamental when having just woken.

His arms tightened around her, He kissed her quietly and carefully, and a slight ripple ran through Ling Miaomiao's heart.

The person in front of her had insides which were different from his outsides. It was quite surprising, as there was an unrestrained aura of "not a good person" on him from head to toe. She had seen him callous, ruthless, and arrogant.

But in front of her, he was unexpectedly... innocent.

-In any case, she had never seen anyone carefully place their lips down and brush them against the skin when kissing someone.

Her hand reached across his back and touched his long, shiny black hair, which was also cool to the touch, as if it was covered with a layer of frost, surprisingly similar to ore.

The teenager stopped abruptly and grabbed her wrist nervously: "This, you can't touch it."

She looked askance at the white hairband he left tied while sleeping: "That thing of yours, it's useless to me."

"Even so, you still can't." He grabbed her hand and pressed it forcefully to her side.

Seeing that the girl's large eyes were still unafraid, he touched her eyelids and lowered his face, half threatening and seductive: "Do you still want to be my 'doll'?"

Unexpectedly, it actually scared her.

She slapped him on the back of his hand and wrestled up and out of his arms relentlessly: "Get up."

As for Liu Fuyi's timely escape, everyone expressed understanding, except for Mu Sheng who was unrestrained in his ridicule.

The reception pavilion was open and bright, a place where the protagonist group gathered daily to discuss the details of the case.

Sunlight passed through the carved window1 and a patch of light fell over Mu Yao's hair: "Is there another reason for the princess going mad?"

"...Yes." Liu Fuyi was silent for a moment and looked grave, "Someone attempted to bewitch the princess, but things didn't work out the way she wanted. After the incident at Xingshan Temple, His Majesty sent for the palace's Taoists. They studied for three days and made a talisman for the princess, to protect her body from demons and evil spirits. The demon wanted to invade the princess's consciousness, but was blocked by this talisman, and the interaction between the two resulted in an unexpected consequence – the princess's psyche unraveled and it looked as if she had gone crazy."

Mu Yao asked, "Who was that person?"

Liu Fuyi gathered his sleeves to drink tea and sighed: "Within the imperial city, there is almost no demonic aura, so it is difficult to identify."