47

Tao Ying's revengeful spirit looked like a black flame which had barely managed to congeal itself into a human-like form. This thing had no eyes but you could feel its spiteful gaze if you looked at areas where the eyes would have been.

At this moment, it only looked at Miaomiao silently before turning around and walking into the woods. The fallen leaves rustled softly. It walked slowly, turning back to look at her thrice for each step it took, making it quite obvious that it wanted her to follow it.

She would be a fool if she were to follow it.

What she had thought of, of course the original character had also thought of. In the book, this was the night that Ling Yu 1 had faced Tao Ying's trap with a clear mind. She knew she would not be able to protect herself if she left the protagonists' group.

But as the backstabbing expert of this work, how could she miss the opportunity to stir up trouble? She had thought for a bit, then decided to quietly wake Mu Yao and pointed her to the direction of where the shadow was heading.

Mu Yao was pure-hearted and simply wanted to catch the resentful spirit. Upon hearing these words, she naturally rushed to catch it.

However, things went wrong once she started the chase. The heroine stepped into the villain's trap and encountered a calamity.

When Liu Fuyi regained consciousness, Mu Yao was nowhere to be found. Ling Yu and the Princess formed a love rival alliance, acting dumb and unwilling to disclose where Mu Yao had gone. Because of this, they had lost the prime time to rescue her.

By the time Liu Fuyi and Mu Sheng joined hands and found Mu Yao after much difficulty, she had nearly lost her innocence and had suffered immeasurable trauma both in body and mind.

Afterwards, Liu Fuyi did not suspect them due to his kind nature. But as for Mu Sheng, Who was he? He knew exactly who the culprit was and the hidden motives of the two girls.

He kept this grudge in the back of his mind and slowly paid it back to her after their marriage.

Ling Miaomiao shivered.

This was the halfway mark of the first mission.

She hadn't even had a few days of peace and already, yet it was time for playing dirty tricks - no, playing dead.

She lowered her head. The moonlight settled on her frustrated face, and casted a layer of silver over her eyebrows. "System, where is Mu Sheng's favorability at?"

"System Notification: Character (Mu Sheng) Average favorability is 56%. End of notification."

Average? Ling Miaomiao was taken aback. As a mathematics major, she was extremely sensitive to wording. Favorability wasn't like temperature, precipitation, or wage earnings.

How in the world did it become an average?

"System Notification: Character (Mu Sheng) Favorability is experiencing extreme fluctuation. The system provides today's average for the challenger's reference."

"..." Ling Miaomiao couldn't comprehend.

"Can you give me the highest value?"

"System Notification: 94%"

Her heart nearly jumped out of her chest.