19

"If you don't want to die, hold on tight!" Sweat covered Miaomiao's back as she gripped one end of the mast tightly. The mast suddenly sunk down as the man grabbed onto the other end of it. The debris flowing rapidly through the river's surface caused several bloody lines to appear on his face.

Liu Fuyi hugged the injured Mu Yao while sitting on the sails. Their clothes were both completely drenched through. Mu Yao was currently shivering all over unconsciously. Liu Fuyi felt extremely nervous as he twisted his brows down to look at Miaomiao: "Miaomiao, can you do it?"

"Can... possible..." Miaomiao strained herself of all her strength, shin deep in the water, to jolt the man onto the side of the ship.

"Thank you! Thank you young female hero!" The middle aged man scrambled to climb up and collapse onto the deck paralyzed with tears and snot all over him.

Miaomiao crossed over his powerless body to walk towards Liu Fuyi. She brushed off some water of her face: "How far are we from the nearest shore? This ship won't last for much longer..."

"We're close." Liu Fuyi surveyed the area in front of them with a grave expression. Suddenly, a ray of moonlight fell upon his face. Ling Miaomiao raised her head to look and saw that the dark clouds had dispersed. The beautiful and clean moonlight once again covered them.

There was a dense carpet of white bones littered everywhere. The Nine Mysterious Demon Restraining Pagoda still rotated in the sky and the occasional water demon that showed their face would immediately be crushed into pieces once they surfaced.

The Wan River's water demons, this powerful force, was done for.

"Close to shore... close to shore..." The man who was lucky enough to survive muttered to himself. From afar, the faint outline of the river's shore came into view. The man repeatedly mumbled 'Amitabha' to himself.

Miaomiao continuously threw glances at the inside of the ship. Even rats and crickets had come running out of the hold by now, but there still weren't any living humans. She felt her heart beat fiercely, "Brother Liu... Mu Sheng is still inside... I'll go look for him."

"An Sheng hasn't come out yet?" Mu Yao suddenly turned startled. Her face then turned a bit less tense once she seemed to think of something. "He has the Demon Restraining Circlets with him, he should be able to deal with everything."

Liu Fuyi put Mu Yao down and spoke in a warm voice, "Sit, I'll go take a look."
Miaomiao wrung a handful of water out ofer skirt and lifted up her skirt to her shins to follow him quickly from behind.

Miaomiao wrung a handful of water out of her skirt and lifted up her skirt to her shins to follow him quickly from behind.

Liu Fuyi took a few steps forward before suddenly pausing.

Ling Miaomiao was caught unprepared and nearly crashed into him. She heard Liu Fuyi's voice buzzing: "Ah Sheng?"

Mu Sheng had walked out of the hold by himself.

His appearance caused them all to nearly be scared into a daze. Where he walked, even the water turned the color of blood.

His black hair stuck to the side of his face and his face was paler than paper. Even his lips were the color of ash. Only his eyes were pitch black and the glint of light in them was akin to the flash of lightning right before a torrential downpour. Miaomiao saw the wound that had healed before once again opening and spewing fresh blood out. His right sleeve also had a big circle dyed in blood.

This....

Even more exaggerated was that many water demons, who were fearless of death, were following behind Mu Sheng. They were fighting amongst each other to absorb the fresh blood in the water. It looked exactly like he was being escorted by a massive black cloud.