104

The steward glanced at the figure with his back to him and paused: "In the future, come and keep an eye on him every day, if his hair grows long again, come and report to me quickly."

"Wh...... Why?"

The steward sighed: "When I was a child, I heard the old generation of demon hunters say, 'Much of the power of the demon is stored in the hair. The greater the demon power, the longer the hair, I do not know if this is the truth, but it's best to be careful."

"Yes." The crowd stared at their toes and promised.

The sound of footsteps faded as the steward walked away.

"Aish......" the voice trailed off fretfully and murmured a complaint, "Why do you think the master went to such lengths to bring such a demonic creature home?"

"Hush——" The tone of another person carried gloating. He lowered his voice even more, "I did hear that the mother of this demon is stunningly beautiful. Who the father of this child is, it is still impossible to say......"

The person listening to these words, laughed: "Oh, so you mean......"

"I did not say anything, they're only wild guesses."

The two laughed knowingly, joking: "Although it is half-demon, what if it really is the master's seed, it would more or less have his sup......"

"Creak--" the doorway closed, the sound of the two people laughing and joking was isolated, and on the floor of the doorway, only a cold meal was placed down.

Bai Yirong's fingers crumpled the black paper stuck to the window, making a crinkling sound, and if the maid hadn't pulled her hand away, she would have torn the paper off and crumpled it into a ball.

Fire was practically coming out of her eyes. It seemed she really had guessed it right.
What kind of beauty could bewitch a cold and proud man like Mu Huaijiang?

Even if she wasn't good enough, at least she was the daughter of a demon-catching family. Up until now, she tried flirting and acting foolish, but it still wasn't enough to have him look at here

A demon........ What right did she have?

Her eyes reddened from anger. She hurriedly pushed back the black paper, turned her head and left.

The boy sitting at the table cocked his head and looked at the window, seemingly wondering why the bright light shining on his face from the window disappeared. A while later, the red light slowly converged and the room fell into darkness.

"Second Madam......" the maid to catch up with her, "Do listen to their nonsense, it is all nonsense......"

"Master is in the secret room......" Bai Yirong murmured, looking back at the maid's face and asked coolly, "What is he doing in the secret room?"

The maid was afraid that she would barge into the secret room, the fine hairs covering her body stood up, almost about to kneel down to her: "I heard that they are working on the formation and must not be disturbed......"

*

"In the secret room, Huaijiang and I set up the Seven Killing Formation. Using Mu Sheng as bait, we waited for the resentful banshee."

Mu Yao's hands and feet lost their warmth, the letter rustled as she turned the page.

"Four days later, the resentful banshee happened to make a night attack on the  Mu Mansion, wanting to save her son, and was finally trapped inside the Seven Killing Formation, falling into our hands."

"Huaijiang's old friend, Taoist Kongqing knew that we captured the resentful banshee and came to stop us in a hurry, informing us of the consequences of killing the resentful banshee."