17

"You... why are you shaking?"

Mu Sheng was actually smiling as he shook his wound. Miaomiao could feel his palm grow warm; It was clearly fresh blood seeping out. She felt despair in her heart as she roared at him: "Stop smiling! Shut up!"

She picked up a new piece of gauze with her right hand, holding it in her hand as a backup. She exerted herself to keep him steady. From another perspective, it looked like she was hugging him.

Her embrace had a faint fragrance. It was the scent of a girl who bathed in flower infused water. After being steamed by hot air, the fragrance drifted out. Their warm bodies were separated by a thin ocean blue upper jacket, as if she wasn't tightly stuck onto him.

Cold. Very cold indeed.

However, Ling Miaomiao felt so hot she was covered with sweat: "Are you really ok having lost so much blood?"

The hot water slowly lost its temperature. His palm was as cold as ice and his lips were pale yet he slowly started to act up a cold war: "This body's blood... I detest... It'd be great if it were to all flow away..."

The person in his embrace shuddered terribly.

It's the chills. Miaomiao remembered all of a sudden. People who've lost too much blood would become like this.

Well, I'll be damned. The black lotus had the guts to instakill that mighty demon. When he fought alone, his body was covered with an overbearing and tyrannical aura. In the end, she found out that he was actually using his life to put on an act?

She was so angry she was speechless, and in the end could only say: "Let me go. I'll go grab some quilts for you."

"You... know that I'm cold."

"Isn't that obvious?" Ling Miaomiao's hand was held down by his so she was unable to move at all, "Your body is so cold..." She wriggled one hand out, extracting her sleeve.

She then put her hand on his shoulder and leaned her upper body closer, like she was striving to the best of her ability to give him some warmth.

Minutes and seconds flew by and

Miaomiao's heart was in a mess. She was restless and, unable to stay composed.

"I'm afraid that this won't work, I'll go find
Brother Liu and company."

"You dare go?" Mu Sheng awoke from his half-unconscious state. He suddenly opened his eyes; Eyes filled with a caustic look so strong it invoked terror.

"Ok ok, I won't go..." She didn't dare move rashly and sat back down disappointedly.

Fortunately, Miaomiao was constantly sweating so her body was somewhat warm. Mu Sheng unconsciously stuck himself as close to her as possible.

"Hey, do you not have any way at all?" Miaomiao's expression was complicated as she looked at Mu Sheng, who seemed to be in shock. Her voice was a bit sour as she asked: "If I didn't come find you today, what would you have done?"

"I wouldn't have done anything..." His voice was soft like he was in a dream. He felt like his head was extremely chaotic as Mu Yao's serious face continuously appeared: Ah Sheng, you are the Mu family's hope.

If she knew that this 'hope of the Mu family' not only had such a background, but could also draw reverse character talismans....

Truly ridiculous.

The crisp and clear voice beside his ear was still being long winded with any end: "Oh yeah, you Demon Hunters, don't you all have those staunching talismans? Or maybe sear it? How about the type of talisman that can turn into liquid and act as a cure to many maladies..."