69

Should he jump down?

He slowly crouched down to touch the edge of the fissure. It was the hard bedrock found below dirt. Coarse, cold and stiff. Strands of cold air turned into white fog floated up from the midst of the fissure into the air.

Cold. It was so cold.

In the current yin-yang fissure within Jingyang Slope, no matter whether or not it be human or demon, they had already all ran away. The ones that didn't run were all killed by him. Deathly silence surrounded him and he was the only person remaining.

I guess I'll jump down.

First, he'd save his sister and Miaomiao. Then, after saving them, he could start thinking about settling debts.

Blood still seeped out of the wound on his shoulder, dripping slowly but surely onto the cold, ash-grey rock. He suddenly smiled. His sister had never listened to him but why did Miaomiao have to run in?

Could it be that she didn't know that Liu Fuyi and her being together was just wishful thinking? That there'd be no way he would be moved..... Since that's the case, she would also disregard every word of his.

He told her to not follow, yet she stubbornly followed.

He told her to wait in the treeline yet she ran all over the place.

He told her to wait but she didn't even bother to listen. She just straight up leapt into the fissure.

Could it be that he had to break her arms and legs, then tie her to his side? Then she would listen to him?

His zeal for casting spells had long since waned; just like an athlete after the high of stimulant usage. He stood under the vast, endless nightscape, feeling both cold and tired.

His calf would twitch from time to time and half of his body would shiver softly occasionally.

Suddenly, a great rumble surged through the earth, just like muffled lightning striking below.

The earth and sky spun and a terrifyingly great force immediately flung him several meters away from the edge of the fissure. It was just like a giant arm toying with a little sparrow in its palm with malicious intentions.

He nearly instantly broke free from his shackles, flying into the air. As an experienced demon hunter, exhaustion was no stranger and nothing that could stop him. He was ready to do combat again.

Looking down, his expression suddenly changed and he rushed to the edge of the fissure. Almost at the same time, the mountains surrounding Jingyang Slope rumbled. The one closest to him ruptured, sending massive boulders flying in his direction.

"Boom—- rumbleeeeeeeee————–"

The fissure was slowly closing.

The illusion demon hadn't been wrong. The trees, rivers and mountains of Jingyang Slope were all in the palm of her hand to control. With a wave of her hand, she could call the clouds and with another, she could make it rain. Even if Mu Sheng was able to kill all of the living demons, he had no way to take control, not even escape. Let alone the fact that he was basically a spent arrow already.

Fresh blood converged, ever more so than ever to the point that it was now nearly a rivulet. At first, trapped in his clothes, it only dripped down drop by drop but now had turned into a thin stream. He was tossed onto the ground but he clenched his teeth and climbed back up. A long stretch of blood was dragged out along the ground, the sweet scent enveloping the surrounding air.

The hand he propped against the ground shivered terribly, strenuously supporting his body. His entire body was wet and soaked, just like a drowned victim. He stared at the fissure in despair.