71.2

Finally, he fully regained consciousness.

The sky was gradually darkening and he was laying in the ice-cold creek, still injured. If he didn't hurry and get up, there'd be another unanticipated disaster by the time the yin-yang fissure turned to the yin side.

The youth struggled to crawl towards the shore and leaned against the tree trunks with the remaining strength he had. His thoroughly soaked clothes seemed to at least weigh a thousand kilograms, the wetness clinging to his body, feeling damp and cold.

The wind blew on the trees, making the grass emit a moist fragrance. It looked as if a fairy had passed through the woods, sending a gust of fragrant wind to him.

That strange yet familiar figure bent down, humming a pure and innocent song. She gently approached him, her hair smelling strongly of jasmine, making the people who smelled it feel as if they were intoxicated amidst a field of flowers.

Astonishingly, it was the girl who had captured his heart.

In the past, he disliked the fragrance she combed her hair with, but now, it was as if it was the only proof of his existence.

In his daze, the girl who came from the forest, hooked her arms around his neck and left a cold soft kiss on his cheek. Her plush lips felt like the clouds in the sky and the mist in the mountains.

He suddenly wrapped his arms around his waist, making her sit atop his thighs.
Intertwining her fingers with his, he bent down and kissed her, as if to trap this cloud in his embrace, strongly pressing her against his chest.

As long as he didn't let her float away, she'd forever be his.

The youth shut his eyes tightly, his long slender lashes standing straight. He lingered around her lips, as though he was reposing all his turbulent emotions in the midst of the mountains to gain peace.

After a long time, he finally let her go. He reached out a finger, and caressed her ruddy lips, his voice sounding a bit hoarse, "Didn't you jump into the fissure?"

Her fingers swept lightly across his cheeks, her clear apricot eyes filled with boundless pity, "I did. That's why, I'm only a figment of your imagination."

As soon as her words fell, the person in his arms immediately faded away.

The moonlight was like a silver cloth, shrouding the young man's face.

He vacantly glanced at his empty knees, and was promptly stirred awake, seemingly not believing that the dream was fabricated.

The crackling of leaves sounded as the strong wind shook them fiercely, bringing along with it the smell of rain, pattering down his face.

In the beginning, the water drops were the size of a bean. Soon after, it turned into a torrential downpour.

The underground river was engulfed with splashes, the large banana leaves swinging up and down incessantly from being hit by raindrops, and in the fine mist, the wings of flying birds were thoroughly soaked, hindering their ability to fly.

Mu Sheng wiped away the wetness on his face and raised his head, accepting the rainwater. His misty black eyes seemed to look even wetter under the curtain of rain.

He slowly lowered his pupils and fumbled inside his clothes, taking out a wrinkled ball of papers. Due to the onslaught of water, the papers had gotten stuck together.

The water trickled down his face, forming tiny streams. It gathered under his pale chin, and shortly fell down, flowing along his neckline.

He silently lifted the edges of two papers and under the continuous downpour, patiently separated them. Five plump jujubes could be seen, piled up on top of each other, however, their coating had melted slightly, its viscous juice trickling down.