58

Li Zhun truly treated his guests with warm enthusiasm. Miaomiao and company stayed in the Li residence within Jingyang Slope for three days. Every bowl of rice was personally served by Li Zhun himself. During this time, this young, elegant and outstanding merchant often clinked wine cups together with Liu Fuyi. They drank and chatted merrily, speaking of all the demon hunter things they had encountered on the road. The two of them seemed to have found kindred spirits.

Most of the time, Madam Shi sat quietly beside Li Zhun, not interjecting at all. From time to time she would help him refill his tea, looking exactly like a smiling bighead carp.

"Brother Liu, what you spoke of last time... the fox demon. Was it really that incredible?" Li Zhun was extremely curious but he had already drunk too much and his words weren't coming out as nimbly.

"It was somewhat troublesome." Liu Fuyi still maintained his steady elegance, a humble smile adorning his lips, "The fox demon was hibernating in Taicang County, biding its time and looking for an opportunity to suck human essence. It was Yao'er who used her Demon Restraining Circlets to suppress it and destroy its demon dan. 1 Now, it can no longer come out and hurt people."

Madam Shi's hand shook slightly as she was pouring wine and she immediately used her left-hand to support the wine pot.

This detail was something Ling Miaomiao noticed as she followed Mu Sheng's gaze. In all honesty, this whole plot at Jingyang Slope was something she was very unconfident about.

When she reached the part of the story where they had reached Jingyang Slope while she was reading "Demon Hunter", it was already midnight. She had read in her half-awake, muddle-headed manner and could only remember the sound of her finger sliding across the screen of the e-book. By the time she took a rest and regained her spirits, she had already automatically flipped her way to the point where Mu Yao leapt over the crevice. Everything in-between had been completely missed.

At the time, she had been fretting over Qiong Yao's style in writing romance, so she didn't have the patience to scroll back and reread the plot.

She only saw the end.

Which is also to say, from this point onwards, since she reached the climax at Jingyang Slope, everything was akin to a piece of white paper to her. From this point, she was no longer just a spectator, she had also become a part of the plot.

.......Now that she thought about it, everything did seem to be more exciting now.

Mu Sheng ate in an exceptionally taciturn manner. He used the fact that he was eating to carefully scrutinize the expressions of everyone at the table.

Ling Miaomiao discovered that his gaze stayed the longest on Madam Shi's face, his face full of probing.

This guy.. Mu Sheng. He had way too many demerits no matter how she looked at it.
However, when it came to being professional, there was nothing she could pick at.

His skills, not just in the Mu Family, when compared to the entirety of the demon hunting world, was considered to be at the peak: Possessing extremely acute senses, and able to quickly maneuver through the complex puzzles before him. Even more mysterious was his ridiculously powerful combat strength.

He was both callous and ruthless. If it wasn't for the suppression of the Mu family heads, he wouldn't have been as unknown as he was right now.

Of course, the reason why he was still unknown and without reputation could be because he was purposely hiding his strength.

Often, he would be the only joining the fight after all others had already exhausted their strength.

Following Mu Sheng's gaze, one could easily catch onto many little details they missed at first. For example, there was an iota of stiffness that was very difficult to detect from Madam Shi's warm expression.