51

Nine Mysterious Demon Restraining Pagoda sensed Tao Ying's aura and radiated golden light in all directions, turning the entire hall resplendent.

Under the radiant light, the dark qi on Tao Ying's body started to unravel at a rapid pace. He stared at Liu Fuyi motionlessly, his thoughts a mystery.

All monsters and demons knew of the power of the Demon Restraining Pagoda. If Liu Fuyi ever lets the pagoda freely swallow evil spirits, whether it be demons or ghosts, they would all need to run from this calamity. No matter how sly or elusive he was, being exterminated was only a question of time.

However, Liu Fuyi pointed and the Demon Restraining Pagoda retreated a few steps, diminishing its radiance at the same time. His expression was very severe, "I'll let you finish speaking."

The resentful spirit Tao Ying paused for a moment before dragging on a trembling smile, "Exorcist Liu need not hypocritically put on a show of fairness—"

"Even the honorable and righteous family head of the Mu clan, Mu Huaijiang, helped the royal family cover up their scandal. Now, Mu Yao also took the initiative to stick her head into matters of the nether, once again trying to kill off these unwilling souls. You are demon hunters, pining after a life of vanity and garnering praises from the masses are you not? Bullying and taking advantage of the weak for your entire life?"

Liu Fuyi took a step forward, "The things that happened back then, I do not understand. However, Mu Yao came here this time because Dowager Consort Zhao used their jade tablet to bring her over. She had no choice." He looked at the badly damaged, resentful spirit only left with part of its body. "Tao Ying, you're doing this to take revenge for Tao Yushi. According to reason, I shouldn't interfere. However, you shouldn't have tricked so many of your followers into incinerating themselves in addition to intentionally harming Princess Duanyang. They were all innocents. Since you decided to do such a thing, Yao'er and I must take action to deal with you."

He reached out and the Demon Restraining Pagoda floated above the two of them. As it was about to burst out with brilliance, his hand started to shake a bit due to anxiety, "Your revenge and hatred is to be decided by the nether world. Now tell me, where is Yao'er?"

Tao Ying watched him surreptitiously for a while before chuckling in a low tone, "I won't tell you. Liu Fuyi, how does the taste of losing everything you love taste like?"

Before he even finished speaking, the broken dark figure transformed into a ball of dark qi in an instant. It fled upwards, straight towards the pagoda.

Liu Fuyi's face was deathly pale as he flipped his hand to recall the pagoda.

However, the light of the pagoda was too limitless, having already completely swallowed the resentful spirit that had thrown itself at it.

Liu Fuyi retrieved the Nine Mysterious Demon Restraining Pagoda, in so much of a hurry that the wooden pagoda still shook for a while after the fact, but it was all still futile.

His heart felt unsteady as he looked around.
Tao Ying was unwilling to tell him anything about what happened to Mu Yao, even committing suicide for it.

"Brother.

A soft voice filled the Buddhist hall and Liu Fuyi turned around. There was a little girl about 7 or 8 years of age with a head full of black hair.

The little girl had no legs. She was an extremely young small demon.

She was pulling on the hem of his clothes, raising her head to watch him.

She pulled on his sleeves and timidly spoke, "I know where that sister went, f-follow me."

The small and little resentful spirit was adorned entirely in silk. She was also wearing several layers of golden ornaments on her wrists. Her head only reached up to Liu Fuyi's waist.