78

As the curtain of night fell, the chorus of crickets emerged from the side of the road. The surroundings of the path were populated by trees, leaving only a solitary blurry silhouette visible.

Three horse-pulled carriages made their way forward in a smooth stride. Their wheels creaked and groaned.

The story at Jingyang Slope was coming to a close. The main leads and the Li couple waved their farewells one last time.

The entirety of the Li residence would be moving away from the desolate Jingyang Slope, back to their old residence in Jiangnan in a grand manner. On the other hand, the main leads would be moving back to Chang'an. Since they couldn't refuse Li Zhun's good intentions... They could only borrow three carriages from them.

When Li Zhun decided to give to others, he was undeniably ostentatious. Soft silk cushions were everywhere, nearly giving off the feeling of a ginormous bed. They were superb for the traveler to sit and rest on. The drivers were also extremely well-trained, they basically did not encounter a single bump or rumble on the road.

Ling Miaomiao was curled up inside a carriage, wearing thick, cotton padded clothes. Through the gaps in the curtain, streams of light reflected off a small piece of glass in her hands, one she was playing around with in her hand.

The Jingyang Slope storyline had come to an end and she had also cleared all the nearby missions. In the end, all of that resulted in a single small 'Memory Catalyst'. In addition, it was a memory she couldn't understand...

Inside the scene, there was a wide and spacious luxurious room. There were several long tables and in front of them was a demonically seductive woman in a layered flat skirt. Her hands were clasped as she taught the black lotus how to cast spells.

In that memory, Mu Sheng looked like he was just 11 or 12 years old. His expression still betrayed his childishness and his hair that previously fell down to his shoulders was already tied up into a high ponytail using a white hairband.

His snow-white ears and elegant temples already hinted at a young man's silhouette.

The woman sat behind him and possessed a shockingly intimate attitude towards him. She held onto his hand while teaching him how to draw the symbols, slowly drawing from the right to the left on the yellow paper.

The tip of the brush was stained with a bright red cinnabar. With just a light flick of the wrist, the brush moved in winding and turning directions, just like a walking through a maze.

With a single, thick stroke, the totem-like talisman character was painted onto the yellow paper.

The moment the brush paused, the woman pulled back her sleeves and lowered her head.

She asked, "Little Sheng'er, do you remember how to do it?"

Her voice was as delicate as a yellow oriole, hooking upwards at the end of it. Her face was nearly stuck onto his forehead.

Mu Sheng's expression didn't reveal that he was resistant. All he did was taciturnly stare at the yellow paper. It was difficult to read his expression and tell his thoughts.

The woman patiently pulled out another piece of paper from below. She dipped the brush in the cinnabar ink and spoke to him in a soft voice, "If you still haven't learnt it yet, mother will teach you once again..."

"I remembered it." He replied.

His voice was a rough, but still clearly immature sound. "But..."

"But what?"

He paused for a moment, as if somewhat at a loss. "Big sis said to me before that when drawing a talisman, you can never draw from the right to the left. It has to go from the inside to the outside..."