71.1

The talisman papers flew through the air like thin, sharp throwing knives. Mid-air, they dispersed, hacking the demons' figures into several pieces. The earth demons' thin deep green blood spurted everywhere, painting a bloodbath on the ground.

All that was left was a pile of demon corpses. The ground of the underground palace looked like the aftermath of freshly killed chickens and fish at a food market. It was a complete mess.

"Clap, clap, clap." The sound of applause rang out, the time between each clap was very long. It was the kind of applause meant to ridicule.

The little girl lazily leaned back against the chair, seemingly boneless. With a faint smile on her lips, she looked at the wisps of smoke left by the defeated and scattered demons. "Surprisingly, you reached the checkpoint. What should I say, never give up hope and you will find a way?"

Mu Yao stared at the figure sitting beside the main seat which was holding a cup of tea. His face had lost all color, as if he had lost his soul. But Liu Fuyi continued to look down into his tea cup, not even sparing them a glance.

Miaomiao's cheeks flushed from being too warm. From her sleeve, she blindly felt for the remaining talismans. This stack of talismans, which came out of nowhere, was most likely secretly slipped in by Mu Sheng. She had worn thick clothes and somehow did not even notice.

Considering his personality, the talismans should have been organized by attribute. Unfortunately, they were mixed up after falling out. And at the time, she and Mu Yao were like people who had been pushed into desperate straits and had suddenly found a box full of hand grenades. They used whatever they could get their hands on, regardless of the attribute. And just like that, they were only left with five talismans from that stack.

She took the pitiful amount remaining and straightened them out with her fingers before carefully stuffing them into her sleeves.

Alas, what a waste..

Noticing a wet and cold gaze following her, she looked up blankly. An unseemly look was on the illusion demon's face.
Usually, when the villain made their appearance, they'd give fake applause.

After the fake congratulations would come a round of humiliation, demonstrating the villain's dominance from having held complete control of the overall situation. However, after the illusion demon made its grand opening, there was no reaction from either of the two people before it.

One was staring intently at Liu Fuyi as if unable to hear her words. The other seemed to be listening but was instead, inconspicuously messing around with something inside her sleeve, doing who knew what, while her gaze wandered.

The little girl glared at Miaomiao's hands, her face darkening, "Those few lousy talismans can't do anything to me. I suggest you don't overestimate yourself and try to attempt the impossible."

Amazement arose on Miaomiao's face. "I'm just counting it. It's not as if I have any intention of taking it out and using it."

"What did you just say?" The illusion demon suddenly raised its voice.

"...Nothing." Miaomiao mumbled back then shrank behind Mu Yao's back, leaving only a flashing pair of big eyes.

As if she had lost her soul, Mu Yao scampered a few steps ahead, robbing Miaomiao of her hiding. Feeling that something wasn't right, she hurried to follow Mu Yao.

She had already walked with quick steps over to the young man. With an unsteady voice, she called out to him, "Fuyi..."

Liu Fuyi sat upright. His hair was neatly and obediently draped over his simple pure white outer garments. In his hand, was a tea cup and his eyes were lowered casually, his lashes unmoving. It was as if he had turned a deaf ear to her words.