16

"What are you doing here?" Mu Sheng's voice contained not a single wisp of warmth.

The moonlight reflected off of Miaomiao's clearly defined eyes. She took a step forward: "I was waiting for you, I've waited a long time."

Looking at his expression, he must've just gotten a handful of ash thrown at his nose. Now, she was currently sending her embrace to him. To add icing on the cake, wasn't she basically sending him charcoal on a cold wintry night?

The river breeze flapped her sleeves and there was a mixture of the smell of wine and Liu Fuyi's scented sachet still lingering around her body. He felt a surge of jitteriness inside: "You finished drinking so quickly, are you in a rush to join the next round?"

Ling Miaomiao's expression changed in a split second as her eyebrows leaped up: "Why do you say that?"

"Did I say something wrong?"

Hoh? This snappy attitude of his... he must've just had a huge argument with Mu Yao. Ling Miaomiao spent a lot of time before she suppressed her anger with a faint smile: "Brother Liu and I drank wine together. What relation does that have? I'm not coming here looking for you to drink with me."

Mu Sheng raised his eyes again. There was not the slightest desire to tease her in them. Impatiently, he coldly smiled: "Does Miss Ling have insomnia again? My scented sachet is useless. It doesn't smell as nice as Liu Fuyi's.

Grudge holding little miser.

Ling Miaomiao smiled at him. Seeing his face, she estimated that his wounds were not light at all. So, she mustered up her courage and pulled on his arm, "Why can't you think of me in a good light? I specifically came over to help you apply medicine."

Mu Sheng tried to shake her off but failed to do so. His movement affected his wound and an excess of cold sweat immediately started dripping down. He was somewhat angry now:
'Let go."

"Don't move!" Miaomiao lowered her voice as she rigidly clutched onto his arm, "Look at yourself. Hurts, doesn't it?" She pulled him towards her own cabin. With the strange courage one would have when murdering for money, she warned him: "If you don't want to wake up your sister, you better not make a din right here!"

Mu Sheng paused his struggling.
sure enough, Mu Yao was the black lotus's
achilles heel. It's been tried and tested.

Ling Miaomiao pulled Mu Sheng over to a chair and settled him down in it. His pitch black pupils were like cold stars deep in an abyss.

His entire face was covered with gloominess:
"Miss Ling, you poke your nose into too many things."

Ling Miaomiao ignored him, carefully closing the door and dropping the curtains before lighting a single candle.

The room shrouded in darkness was left with just the two of them. She turned her face around to look at him, there wasn't a hint of a smile on it. "Is something wrong with your brain Mu Ziqi? If you're injured, then treat it! It doesn't matter if you don't use medicine..." She watched the fresh redness oozing out between his fingers. Knitting her brows, she followed up with: "Do you have to torture yourself like so?"

Her expression was a rare serious one. It was almost like she was angry. However, she revealed a caring expression through her eyes; Very much like a certain person.

Mu Sheng's expression turned sluggish as he removed his hand and looked at the mottled blood stains on his fingers. The blood on his clothes had already seeped through, as it slowly spread out.

"I've never used medicine."

"Ah?" Miaomiao felt like her common sense was being challenged, "Then do you have some supernatural ability? Say, for example... self-healing and such...."