55 (End of 2nd Volume)

Photo above: Marquis Qingyi (the dude who got murdered by a demon kid in the previous chapters)

Her dainty fingers pinched the bamboo dragonfly and faced it towards the window. The bright sunlight shining through gave the delicate dragonfly a fuzzy layer of light around its edges. Ling Miaomiao looked from the right, and then from the left, clicking her tongue as she praised herself, "Beautiful."

Mu Sheng reached out to take it but she changed her mind at the last moment, rushing to squeeze it in her palm. With a 'whoosh' it flew out and she exclaimed in great delight, "Let's try it out first!"

In a short moment, the dragonfly had soared high up and had crashed into the roof beam with a rather crisp thunk. Then, it flitted back down to the ground.

Ling Miaomiao stretched her waist, relaxing her body and sliding down to lay lazily on the bed. She rubbed her aching eyes, "It was a success. Now go pick it up."

Mu Sheng didn't move. He was still sitting at the edge of her bed, seemingly hesitating over something. After a good minute, a thin metal band appeared in front of Miaomiao's eyes. It was the Demon Restraining Circlet Mu Sheng wore daily.

Miaomiao was at a loss as she looked at him.

Mu Sheng wasn't looking at her, rather he was staring with full concentration at the Demon Restraining Circlets in front of him, "This is for you."

Ling Miaomiao felt as if an explosion went off in her mind. It was just like a bottle of champagne being opened, the cork popping off and the foam flying several meters away. Not just flying far away, it also spun in circles while spraying all over. However, her face didn't leak any of her inner thoughts. She calmly, somewhat carefully asked, "You... you want to give your Demon Restraining Circlets to me?"

If she didn't remember wrongly, this pair of Demon Restraining Circlets were gifts from Mu Yao to him. They had great importance to him.

Back then, when they were on the big boat traversing the winding river, the Black Lotus would be more willing to take a stab rather than lose one of them.

Mu Sheng raised his head to look at her. As if he was greatly dissatisfied with this kind of response from her, his black irises seemed to become suffused with anger, "I'm giving them to you so take it. Don't say so much nonsense."

He paused and his gaze moved over to the bamboo dragonfly laying on the ground. He intoned in a low voice, "Consider it a gift in return for that."

The next moment, as if he started to regret his actions, he grew irascible, "If you don't want it, then iust..."

Before he could finish his words, Miaomiao had already snatched a circlet over and put it on. She even shook her clothes to conceal them within her sleeves, as if she was afraid he would feel regret. "I want it! Of course I want it!

If I knew we were going to have this kind of trade earlier, I would've made 10 bamboo dragonflies for Young Noble Mu!"
Mu Sheng stared at her, "You.."

"I understand!" Ling Miaomiao immediately put away the brimming grin on her face and then rushed to speak in a clear tone, "You're afraid that I don't know anything and that I'd cause everything to stumble so you selflessly shared some of your belongings."

She shook her wrist, her big apricot-eyes bright and gleaming as she giggled loudly,
"Thanks."

However, a completely different train of thought ran rampant in her head. The Demon Restraining Circlets were originally a pair but now they both possessed one each. It stun of the sweet stench of sweethearts displaying their love. Was this considered a big step forward on the path to success?