86 (End of 3rd Volume)

There were twice as many candles in the guest room as usual, rows of red wedding candles on the desk, bedside and even in the corners. The room was dappled with light, enough to almost make people feel a little dizzy.

The canopy was changed to a charming red, Ling Miaomiao obediently sat motionless on the bed, her skirt flared over the ground, making her look like a tiny ball in a huge flower petal.

In this rain, not a drop had touched her.

Mu Sheng changed out of the wet clothes before returning to the house, waving his sleeves to extinguish half of the candles along the way.

The room dimmed at once, only the circle of candles surrounding the bride remained lit, and the dim light shone on the dark red satin, giving it a warm sheen.

His fingers raised the veil to reveal a girl's face adorned with red makeup.

The color on her lips had faded somewhat and The intense beauty had disappeared. Her eyes were bright, the outer corners of her eyes and cheeks were an intoxicating scarlet, and above her plum blossom makeup1, hung a dazzling bead curtain. With all of this, she looked like a delicate peach blossom that had become a fairy.

The young man looked at her face for a long long time. A cold and satisfied smile emerged from under his eyes: "Do you know how long I have waited for this day?"

He spun around, slowly sat beside her, took her fingers, placed them on his lips and kissed them, in a near-pleading tone: "Miaomiao, call my name, can't you?"
She looked at him, preferring to remain silent, sitting beside him like a wooden puppet.

A response did not come, no matter how long he waited. He sighed, his eyes were a deep black, and he looked at her with a confused and complicated gaze.

After a while, he lowered his eyelashes, slowly undid her outer robe, wide scarlet sleeves falling off of her shoulders. Inside, she was wearing an apricot-colored jacket.

His movements paused, the corners of his mouth curled slightly, as if in mockery, and he said to himself, "But you still remembered to stay warm."

Ling Miaomiao's outer robe still hung on her sleeves, and she looked down at her own jacket, without making any other move.

He then unbuttoned her jacket and pushed it off her shoulders. Inside that layer, was a pure white silk jacket with two delicate and small chrysanthemum flowers embroidered with silver thread on both shoulders.

Ling Miaomiao disliked wearing thick inner clothes the most, and whenever she went out, she had a strange habit of always having a summer ruqun on the inside no matter the time of year.

For a southerner's ruqun, the short jackets were commonly thin, making it practically semi-transparent, enough that the pale shoulders and arms could be seen.

"Even if I'm like this... Are you not afraid?" He pinched her jaw and locked eyes with her.

The girl looked sickly, and because of the thin clothes, she suddenly shivered, making the dangling beads on her head sway from side to side.

He seemed to be unable to resist any longer, his arm circled around and fiercely pressed her into his arms. His right hand raised the delicate curtain of beads on her head and he lowered his head to kiss her on the delicate plum blossom makeup on her forehead.

This kiss lasted for a very long time, so long that his lips went from boiling hot to ice cold. It was to the point that Ling Miaomiao suspected that he was going to sleep against her forehead.

TSuddenly, he released her hand, pulled back the covers and tucked her in, raising his hand to put out the rest of the candles.

The room was dim with only moonlight left, and he hugged her in the darkness.