74

The third watch of the night arrived1. It was the time where the moon's rays were at its strongest. Countless motes of dust fluttered in the air, illuminated by the cold white rays, just like the snowflakes drifting down on a winter's day.

Mu Yao was slumped over on the ground. Both of her eyes were tightly shut. Her eyelashes casted a long shadow onto her face and her satin-like long hair seemed to be suffused with light under the moonlight. She looked just like an immortal held captive in the moon palace.

Someone slowly crouched down and reached out to grab her arm. They supported her up into a sitting position and she suddenly roused. Her finger subconsciously went and tightened around her Demon Restraining Circlets. But when she saw the person in front of her, her entire person froze. She felt like she was hallucinating, "Fuyi......."

"Shhhh......" The rays of light the moon casted down lit up his pale face. Each and every strand of hair of his thick brows were clearly illuminated. He stared closely at Mu Yao's face with an infinite amount of fondness.

Mu Yao gripped his arm. Her eyes, as brilliant as glazed glass, increasingly became transparent as a light flashed within them, "When you were fighting with me just now.... You woke up?"

A human without a heart can only become a puppet.

However there are still people, despite having no heart, that are unwilling to be a corpse to be controlled. He had been on the border of waking up and chaos. For the sake of his beloved, for this belief and confidence, he was willing to fight for a chance to live.

He slightly curled up the corner of his lips. The pallor of his skin was still enough to scare people, he looked like he was already a corpse trying to trick others into thinking he was alive. He reached out to caress Mu Yao's face. His hand was ice-cold, "How foolish, why didn't you retaliate?"

Mu Yao lowered her head to hide her tears,
"I'm too weak."

Her hand also caressed his hair. But when she moved down and touched the hole in his chest where a massive scab had formed over, she asked in a tender voice, "Does it still hurt?"

Liu Fuyi smiled, "It hurts. Miaomiao, that girl. She didn't hold back at all."

There was a sudden disturbance outside the door and Mu Yao's expression turned severe as she looked in the direction of the door with
vigilance.

"Ah Sheng has come. He can stop the illusion demon for now." Liu Fuyi softly spoke, "Yao'er, my time is short."

Mu Yao shook her head, "No matter where your heart is, I will find it and bring it back to you...."

"Yao'er." Liu Fuyi interrupted her. His expression was somewhat tired but he still managed to smile warmly. He took out the small wooden pagoda from his robes and placed it in Mu Yao's hand. His lashes drooped,

"As someone who no longer has a heart, I don't know how long I can last."

"If you can't steal it back, the Demon Restraining Pagoda will be yours to look after." He forcefully pulled apart Mu Yao's clenched fist and placed the small wooden pagoda in her palm. "Let me tell you the chant...."

"I won't listen." She stubbornly pursed her lips. Her face was pale and the tears left under her eyes felt cold, "You promised me that you'd never let me feel any grievance again. Since you said it, you have to do it."

Liu Fuyi placed his fingers at his temples, as if trying to suppress a great pain.

Mu Yao panicked and supported his arm, "Fuyi......"

"Yao'er, listen to me." Liu Fuyi let down his hand and a cloud of darkness started to spread within the depths of his eyes. He grabbed ahold of her hand again and tried to speak again but knowing that there was just too much he had to tell her, couldn't say anything for a few moments. In the end, he only managed to repeat again, "Listen to me."