6

Photo above: Liu Fuyi and Mu Yao

Under the careful tending of both Mu Sheng and Liu Fuyi, Mu Yao's body gradually recovered. As soon she could get out of bed and move, the opportunistic mayor immediately organized a feast to entertain these zealots that wholeheartedly prevented harm from coming to the general public.

"Young Noble Liu, Young Noble Mu, Miss Mu. This lowly person expresses his gratitude in place of all the people of Taicang County to all of you!" The mayor toasted them with great gratitude, tears even naturally burst out from the bottom of his heart.

The gratitude he felt towards these demon hunters was sincere. Before, he disdained and looked upon the supernatural. However, one serial killer demon killed more people than criminals the mayor executed in one year. He nearly let these metaphysical events cause him to lose his official's hat.

The table was laden with fine wine and food. The mayor's residence was luxurious and even the wine cups were ji-gang white porcelain from the government's official manufactory. When they poured wine in, it emitted a crisp sound.

Liu Fuyi's clothes were as white as snow. He gracefully clinked cups with the mayor and took a sip. He spoke in a mild tone: "Demon hunters exterminate devils and slaughter demons as a way of life. We don't dare accept such gratitude."

His expression was very modest and his temperament wasn't servile nor overbearing. He was rather lukewarm and after drinking, he calmly took away the cup in Mu Yao's hand: "Yao'er only just recovered so it's best if she doesn't drink wine. I'll drink in her stead."

Mu Yao was stunned speechless and her cheeks turned red.

Miaomiao could feel that Mu Sheng wasn't very happy all the way through.

Of course he wouldn't be happy. After meeting danger, the relationship between the male lead and the female lead improved a step.

They were already at the point where they'd face each other and smile. Mu Yao could probably no longer tolerate anyone else in her eyes.

Miaomiao saw with her own eyes how Mu
Sheng deboned a chicken leg skillfully then put the meat into Mu Yao's bowl. He habitually raised his eyes to look at her, his brows both long and thick: "Sis, the popcorn chicken is pretty good. Hurry up and try it."

Mu Yao smiled at her younger brother and carefully took a bite. Then, she turned around and gave the remainder to Liu Fuyi, her expression was filled with a crafty sweetness:
"Want to try it?"

Mu Yao was born with a pair of beautiful eyes.

She had a tear shaped birthmark under the corner of her eye and was an amazingly beautiful person. On normal days, her expression would be placid without much superfluous expressions.

As such, her pair of beautiful eyes gave off a cold and proud feeling. For the moment, she exposed a rare girly expression and her cheeks were colored pink, it was pitifully cute.

Fuyi's mood changed and their eyes connected as they smiled at one another. Following which, he unhesitatingly put it into his mouth and commented, "Mhm. It's not bad at all."

Mu Yao picked up the bowl and quietly lowered her head while her mouth curled up, looking just like a lovely ray of spring sunshine.

The two's public display of affection that ignored onlookers caused the group of maidservants to look at them. The slower ones stared at them with foolish smiles on their faces.

Mu Sheng's expression was a bit unsightly he silently continued to help Mu Yao grab dishes while his hand trembled.

"Hahaha!" The fat mayor was astute and noticed the situation at the table turned awkward. He smiled as he broke the silence, "Since Young Noble likes this chicken dish, it is my residence's honor. Eat some more, don't hold back." After saying his part, he put a chicken wing into Mu Sheng's bowl.