24

Just a note guys there is gonna be a spoiler on the bottom of this chapter. It's optional to read it.

"Don't touch me... if you come closer... if you get any closer..." Miaomiao had already shrunk into a corner. In front of her was a field of grey-ish green that locked down her path out.

Earlier, when she was being dragged along, she grabbed a rather sharp rock with her hands. Now, she was trying to drag on for time while also trying to cut the vines tying her up. The vine itself only had a few fibers left attaching it together and had already become loose.

...Hmph, you little demons. Even though I only just learnt Exploding Sparks, I have Liu Fuyi's talismans; I want to see if you all can hold on against them.

Finding the optimal moment to act, Miaomiao rapidly ripped off the vines and searched her clothes yet came up empty.

She felt all the blood in her body flow backwards... Where... where were the talismans?

She felt her brain turn stiff as she recalled the period of time Mu Sheng was teaching her Exploding Sparks. His posture behind her back as he lectured her, the multitude of times he seemingly lightly brushed over her clothes: She had thought it was strange at the time.

It must've been at that period of time, he didn't even let go of Liu Fuyi's talismans on her.

"Ah, she actually broke free!"

"Quick, capture her!"

The shouts of the little demons pierced into her ears. In a moment of desperation, Ling Miaomiao shot an Exploding Spark towards the sea of gloomy green: "just die!"

The little demons instinctually retreated backwards, the sea of green creating a gap.
-Several awkward seconds of silence passed and there wasn't the sound of an explosion.
She fired another Exploding Sparks - Still no explosion.

She was like a stunned player of Cat's Cradle: With her maintaining her twisted arm stiffly in the air.

She couldn't help but mock herself in cold ridicule: You idiot child, Exploding Sparks is the unique spell of the Mu Family... how could it be so easily taught to an outsider?
She knew two of his heavy secrets: Knowing how to draw Reversed Talismans and being secretly in love with his sister.

Mu Sheng, from beginning till the end, never trusted her, this dangerous stranger, nor planned to let her live.

The cold water on the roof dripped down onto her face. One by one.

Was it raining?

Can there even be rain in this kind of sealed area?

She closed her eyes and raised her face. She could feel droplets of rain landing on her hair and the cold texture of rain running down her cheeks.

The earthy scent here was mixed with a slight bloody aftertone. It was the gloomy, and wet smell that couldn't be washed away from this cave.

"She's tricking us! She doesn't know any spells!" A group of small demons charged over completed enraged. The first thing they did was stretch out their arms and strike her.

When bamboo demons striked, they used their split but hollow hands like they were clapperboards1. One strike would land first, then the other. Not only was the sound crisp and clear, the wounds they caused were also very clear to see at a glance.

"Hit her!" With a precursor right in front of their eyes, the swarm of bamboo demons fought amongst themselves to hit her first.

Ling Miaomiao started to ponder while being buried under a rain of blows: If the system really disconnected, should I explode myself and die together with this squad of clapperboards?