30

"Bai Jin embroidered it herself."

Miaomiao turned around to scrutinize him. Mu Sheng always had his hair tied up and this white headband never seemed to leave his person. Since he treasures the headband his foster mother gifted to him, the relationship between the mother and son shouldn't be all that terrible.

"Then Sister Mu's mother treats you rather well."

Mu Sheng didn't reply but a mocking expression flashed through his face. He knocked the Demon Restraining Circlets against the table, "How are you planning on sending your letter?"

Miaomiao stuffed the letter into her robes: "I already looked into it. There's an official going to Jiangnan to take on a new post. I can entrust the letter to him to take along. He's leaving today on a ship from the south suburbs."

She mumbled to herself: "The mountains are high and waters far reaching, sending out a letter sure is a pain." She carefully packed up two small pieces of pastries into the package and then shot Mu Sheng an inquiring gaze: "Hey, this enough?"

The youth frowned as he looked at her: "Why are you asking me?"

Ling Miaomiao shot back the question: "Aren't you going to go together with me?"

"Why should I go together with you?" For a moment, a cold smile flashed through his expression, "Oh, is Miss Ling afraid of getting ost?"

Miaomiao took on his mocking tone and her clear apricot eyes were sparkling as she didn't disagree nor argue: "Right."

She properly wrapped up the package and proficiently tied it onto her body, "Sister Mu said it early on, we will go separate paths and investigate the case. She and Brother Liu have been busy like bees for the past few days. While we have been just leisurely cozying up inside our rooms, it's not very good at all."

Ling Miaomiao knew what would occur mostly in the plot. Although the act of her sending out a letter seemed rather innocent, it would cause huge waves in the plot later on. Looking from this angle, she was considered a NPC, pushing along the plot diligently.

Mu Sheng squinted at her: "You want to also go investigate at the same time?"

Ling Miaomiao looked very sincere: "It's so hot outside, if we don't do our errands, Sister Mu would have to run around for our sake, would you be able to take that?"

Lu Jiu had already stayed in the Liuyue Palace for 4 hours and his back was completely soaked in sweat.

As he walked on the path out of the palace, his steps were rather weak, but they were much lighter compared to when he entered.

His head was lowered as he let Mu Yao take the lead. However, Mu Yao slowed her pace and purposely stood shoulder to shoulder with him.

"I've heard that Mister Lu Jiu's Agarwood Hotel's business is very popular. It's a unique existence within Chang An."

Lu Jiu wiped off a layer of sweat from his forehead and humbly smiled: "Not at all, not at all. I'm merely a lowly businessman barely making enough to get by."

Mu Yao turned around and sized up his face. Lu Jiu was around twenty years of age but was already a rather famous Incense Master in the capital and rivers of business would flow in everyday. For a business person like him to mix into the fold for so long was all due to him being this low-key and unassuming. He was smooth and slick with how he dealt with matters, to the point he adapted to the circumstances like he was afraid of even the slightest thing happening.

Mu Yao looked at him for a long time before opening her mouth, there was no anger or joy audible within her tone: "...For Mr. Lu to put your safety in front of your principles is right. However, you have to be careful in keeping your conscience intact."