Soccer || S.S

You haven't slept all night because today is a big day. Today you're stepping up to represent your new team. You're a new player for the Arsenal women's team. You'll be playing in your home colours at Meadow Park. They are currently 4th in the FA Women's Super League. They need 2 points to finish 3rd and they need a win today.

——————————————————

The match starts at 8 pm. The players have already been there for 1 hour as they have a team meeting and a warm-up. The warm-up is currently underway. Short distance runs, sprints, ball control, tackles, goal kicks, changes of direction.

Did I mention there will be a special guest today? Your long distance girlfriend Sadie will be here to watch you.

——————————————————

As there was still some time before kick-off you walked to the grandstand where Sadie and your friends were waiting for you.

Sadie immediately jumped into your arms, wrapping her arms around your neck while wrapping her legs around your waist. You put your hands on her back, holding her close to you.

"Hi." She whispered in your ear and then gave you a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi." You smiled at her before leaning in and kissing her.

"I missed you so much."

"I missed you too baby." Then you gave her another quick kiss.

After you put her down you turned to your friends to say hello to them too.

"Hi guys." You smiled at them.

You hugged them in turn.

"Thanks for coming." You told them.

"Are you kidding? We wouldn't miss it!" Said Emma, your best friend.

"Good luck!" Smiled Zack.

"Don't worry about anyone, do what you do best and win, okay?" Sadie smiled at you and gave you a quick kiss.

When you pulled away, the coach called the team together. You said goodbye to the others and walked onto the field. You were standing in a circle with your team when the team captain spoke.

"Alright girls, Jonas has already told you everything in the dressing room so I would just like to add that I am proud of you, of everything we have achieved so far. Let's not disappoint the fans. Let's encourage each other, listen to each other. Y/n you, show that it's no coincidence that you're a new player in the starting line-up. Let's show them what we can do and win!" Kim concluded her speech.

Stina stood up for the kick-off, the ball resting under her feet while you waited for the opposing team.

The whistle blew and the match began. From that moment on, you let go of all your thoughts and concentrated only on football. There was no action in the first minutes. Both teams had equal possession of the ball. Then when the game crossed the 20th minute after a misplaced pass by the opponent, you managed to get the ball. Viv noticed it first and started to run with you towards goal with Stina running on the right flank. To keep the ball you start passing to each other. As you got closer and closer to the goal you started sprinting and Viv saw this and arched the ball inside the sixteen and gently took the ball off.  You watched with a pounding heart as the ball hit the net.

Goal.

Almost the entire bleachers started cheering. The girls ran towards you screaming, one of your teammates jumped on your back.

"What the hell was that?" Leah asked excitedly.

"Just warming up." You replied with a grin and then glanced in Sadie's direction who was jumping for joy and cheering as your friends did.

Your other teammates were congratulating you too. The opposing team snorted in annoyance. Half-time resumed.

——————————————————

The game was in the last 2 minutes of the half when the opposing striker Alessia started sprinting towards the goal. She was outplaying everyone and ignoring her teammates who were standing free, she was getting closer and closer to the goals. It was all down to your goalkeeper.

Goal.

The opponents have equalised.

——————————————————

The second half did not start the way you would have liked. The opposing team took the dominant role. There were barely ten minutes left in the second half when you started attacking again. Stina and Beth started sprinting towards the opposing goal, passing the ball. When Beth managed to get inside the penalty area, one of the opposing defenders slipped in on the ball. The ball hit Beth's ankle instead. Beth is down. The referee and the medical team went to her to make sure everything was okay, and after a few minutes Beth got up to continue playing. Meanwhile the referee reached into his pocket and pulled out a yellow card and awarded a penalty.

"What?" Ella, one of the opposing players, was indignant. "It wasn't a foul!" She continued.

Kim our captain stepped up to the penalty spot. Mary their goalkeeper stood confidently in goal, her eyes never leaving the ball, arms spread wide then the referee blew his whistle. Kim kicked the ball away and only the net caught it.

Goal.

The crowd cheered and jumped on Kim's neck. You've regained the lead. After that, the opponents tried their best to equalize without success.

Victory!

The whole team stood around and the coach jogged onto the pitch to congratulate them.

"Congratulations Y/n." Emma shouted running towards you and then jumped into your neck. From the stands the fans came down to congratulate the team. When the others came up to you Emma got off you.

"Well done Y/n, that's the way to do it." Zack grinned then put his arm around your waist and spun you around.

You hugged everyone in turn and when it was Sadie's turn you gave her a quick kiss without hesitation. After she pulled away she buried her head in your neck.

"You were unbelievable. I'm proud of you." She murmured in your ear.

"Thank you. And thank you for coming. It means a lot." You told her with a smile.

"Of course." She smiled.