Puppy || S.S

"I'm home." Shouted Sadie as she entered the house.

Sadie packed down her stuff and walked towards the living room. As soon as she saw you, her eyes went wide. You, despite Sadie shouting that she was home, didn't hear her. You were busy with other things.

You were sitting on the floor with a puppy in your lap. The sight warmed Sadie's heart and she just smiled. She thought it was one of the cutest things she'd ever seen. For a few moments she leaned against the wall and watched you play with the puppy and then she remembered something.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah?" You asked while you looking up at Sadie.

"Can you explain why there is a puppy in the living room? As far as I know we don't have a pet."

You looked down at the puppy.

"How did get this here?" You ask laughing.

The puppy got up from your lap and ran to Sadie's feet. Sadie bent down and picked up the puppy. The puppy started licking Sadie's face.

After Sadie successfully pushed the puppy away from her face, she walked over to you and sat down next to you. The puppy run with delight all around the house.

"So, how was your day?" You asked, hoping Sadie wouldn't yell at you for bringing home a puppy without her knowledge.

"It's exhausting, but don't change the subject." Sadie warned. "Where did you get that puppy?"

"Um...I find it?"

"You found it?" Sadie raised an eyebrow.

"Yes. It was an accident. I was on my way to Zack's when I bumped into the puppy." You smiled innocently.

"And where exactly did you bump into the puppy?" Sadie asked skeptically.

"At Zack's house but that's not the point." You laughed and the puppy ran back to you and started to bite your hand. "Look at him. He's so cute I couldn't leave him there."

"He's really cute but you could have told me." Sadie said softly.

"I'm sorry. If you don't want to keep it, I can take it back to Zack. No problem." You said with a slight sadness in your voice.

Sadie heard the sadness in your voice. She sighed and took the puppy in her lap and started petting him.

"What's his name?" She asked.

"I haven't named him yet." You shook your head. "Does that mean we're keeping it?" You asked excitedly.

Sadie smiled then nodded. You stood up quickly and started jumping for joy like a little kid. Sadie just laughed at you.

"How can you act like a child when you're 21?" Sadie asked, laughing.

You gave her a sternly look and shrugged. You sat back down next to Sadie and rested your head on her shoulder.

"How about Tofu?" She asked.

You lifted your head from her shoulder and looked at her with a furrowed eyebrows.

"Tofu? Sadie I get that you're vegan but you shouldn't name the poor puppy after one of your foods." You said with a laugh.

Sadie rolled her eyes but tried to hold back her laughter.

"Got a better idea?"

"Actually, I do." You nodded.

"What is it?"

"Tobby." You smiled.

Sadie smiled. "Okay, I thought you'd come up with some stupid name for him, but Tobby is a really good choice." Sadie agreed.

"Thank you." You said proudly.

"Welcome to the family Tobby." Sadie said as the puppy fell asleep after a few moments in her lap.