Long Distance || S.S

That must be Sadie. You thought to yourself when you heard the doorbell.

You had agreed to go to the movies and now it was Sadie's turn to be the driver. You quickly rushed downstairs and opened the front door.

"Hi, ba-" You started but stopped as soon as you saw Sadie's face. "What's wrong?" You asked worriedly.

Sadie sniffled. "We need to talk."

You nodded and then moved from the doorway to let Sadie in. You went up to your room and sat on the edge of the bed. You didn't say anything but waited for Sadie to speak when she was ready.

"Y/n..." She started and then stopped and took a deep breath.

You listened and understood everything but your brain just couldn't take in the words. For a few minutes you just looked at the floor and said nothing.

"Please say something. Cry, argue, scream or whatever. Just say something, this silence is killing me." Sadie said, half crying and half laughing.

"I'll wait for you." You said softly. "You know I'll wait, don't you?" You asked.

Sadie stared at you in amazement. She was expecting a argue or a scream or a sob. That's not what she expected.

"I love you." She whispered as she stroked your cheek with one hand. "We'll talk every day, okay? I promise." She added and then pulled you into a deep kiss.

I don't think I need to mention that you missed the movie that day.

You don't really remember how you got through that afternoon.

After Sadie told you that they were moving away you both cried but then you pulled yourselves together and stopped talking about it. You pretended like nothing had happened.

Because you have a strong relationship. What's a thousands miles to you? You were both trying to keep each other from seeing how upset you were about all this.

Long distance relationship. Great.

Sadie stayed at your place untill the night because she wanted to be with you more than anything. After you walked Sadie out, you closed the door and turned the lock. The moment the lock clicked, you turned your back on the door and fell to the floor.

You pulled your knees up to your chest and hugged them. You put your head on your knees and just cried. You didn't want your parents to see you like this but at the moment you didn't care.

"Oh my God Y/n, what happened, are you sick?" Your mother asked frightened as she knelt down next to you and stroked your back soothingly.

All you could manage was a weak nod of the strength you had left.

"I'll call the doctor." She said as she quickly stood up from beside you.

"No! I'm not sick." You said.

"Then what's wrong? You look awful." She said as she sat down next to you.

When you didn't answer she continued. "I saw Sadie leave earlier. Did you have a fight? Or did you break up?"

"No." You shook your head. "Worse..."

"At your age, what could be worse than a breakup?"

"They move away."

———

It's moving day. You and Sadie will try to spend as much time together as possible until the move.

Once the last box was in the moving truck Sadie turned to you and hugged you tightly.

"Promise me you won't fall in love with anyone else. Because if you do..." You said playfully to ease the tension a little.

Sadie laughed. "I never want to fall in love with anyone but you." Sadie said honestly then pulled into a deep and passionate goodbye kiss.

"I wish you could stay here with me." You said after pulling away from the kiss and leaning your forehead against hers.

"I'd love that too. But it's not forever. If the plane wants me to, I'll come back or you can come to me." Sadie said to which you giggled. "We'll do it. Together. Then in a few years we'll buy a house together and move in like we always planned."

"If it helps, I've already found the perfect house." You said as you shrugged.

———

A year has passed since Sadie moved away. It was hard at first but you didn't give up for a second. Since the move, your relationship has only grown stronger.

As Sadie promised, you talk every day and you see each other every month if you can.

Sadie hasn't returned any of your texts or calls for 2 days now.

It was getting weird.

You thought you did  or said something that made her mad.

You had your chat with Sadie open on your phone that you'd been staring at for minutes. You sighed then closed your phone and decided to take a walk to clear your head.

As you opened the front door you froze.

Sadie was standing in front of you with a bouquet of flowers in her hand.

"Surpri-." She started, but you interrupted her by jumping into her arms and kissing her.