Blood Donation || S.S

"Which hand?" Asked one of the nurses.

"Right." You said.

"Have a seat." The nurse pointed to a chair.

You walked over and sat down on the chair. After a few moments, a red-haired girl came up to you.

"I've never seen you here before." You say to the redhead.

"I just started." She replies as she unpacks the things you need.

"Oh, I'm dealing with a rookie." You said jokingly.

She rolled her eyes then put the squeez on your hand and squeezed.

"Make a fist."

You put your hand in a fist and she started feeling your arm to find the vein. When she found the vein, she stuck the needle in.

"Not bad for a rookie, right?" She grinned at you.

"Not bad, really." You smiled. "You could have stabbed me a little more gently, though." You joked.

"I see you can take the pain."

"True." You said as you kept clenching your fists.

"So, what's your name?" You asked.

"Sadie."

"Sadie. That's a pretty name." You said, and Sadie blushed. She turned her head so you wouldn't see her blush, but it was too late.

"You blush that easily?" You asked softly.

"Don't you have anything else to do?" She asked.

"It's hard to do anything else when you donate blood. And I don't suppose you'd like me to pull the needle out.

"Whatever."

"Don't you want to know my name?" You asked curiously.

"No."

"Oh right, you already know my name." You said and Sadie looked at you, puzzled.

"On the paper." You said and Sadie smiled slightly.

You giggled. "You're cute."

Sadie pretended not to hear what you said and walked over to the other blood donor. When she came back to you, you grinned at her.

"What are you grinning at?" She asked.

"Just glad to see you again." You smiled.

"This is the first time you've seen me." She said.

"But when you turned around, all I saw was your butt. I want to see your face." You grinned.

Sadie closed her eyes and took a deep breath while massaging the bridge of her nose.

"Are you always this annoying?"

"Are you always this beautiful?" You countered, expecting her to blush again but not at all this time. Instead, she kept eye contact with you.

"Are you trying to flirt?"

"Depends. Did it work?" You asked with a grin.

"I don't think it's a good idea if you flirt with me. I see you're taken." She said then pointed to the ring on your finger.

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him." You said and then winked. Sadie looked at you with wide eyes.

"Just kidding!" You giggled. "I'm not taken, it's a legacy." You said then looked at the ring and smiled.

"Okay, we're almost ready." Sadie said while the machine beeped and stopped.

Sadie slowly pulled the needle out of your arm and put a cotton ball on you.

"Squeeze there." She said.

You squeezed the cotton ball and Sadie tied a piece of gauze tightly around your hand.

"There you go." She smiled. "You're not feeling bad?"

"No, I'm fine." You smiled.

"Just sit for a few more minutes, just in case."

"Understood, ma'am." You saluted with your other hand. Sadie just rolled her eyes.

"Are you sure you're not feeling bad?" She asked again.

"Sure."

"Okay."

Silence settled over you for a few moments.

"And you're taken?" You asked curiously.

"Haven't you searched my life enough?" She asked, bored.

"I only know your name, so I don't know anything else." You grinned.

Sadie sighed. "I'm single."

"I was expecting that answer." You joked.

"Shut up!" Sadie said with a giggle.

You giggled. "Does that mean I might have a chance?"  You asked curiously.

"1%." She said with a serious face.

"That got to my heart." You said and then put your hand to your heart as if it had been stabbed with a dagger.

"Don't be so dramatic." Sadie rolled her eyes. She took out a piece of paper and a pen and started writing something on it. After a few moments, she folded the paper and held it out to you.

"Call me." She winked.