Meeting her parents || S.S

"Are you nervous?" Sadie asked as you set the table.

"What do you think?" You asked then turned to Sadie and help up your hand to show how much you were shaking from the nervousness.

"Okay, it was a stupid question. But don't be nervous, everything's going to be fine, okay?" Sadie reassured you as she took your hand.

"You say that like it's so easy to stand up in front of your parents and convince them I'm worthy of dating their daughter."

"They're just ordinary, everyday people. And you're good with people, don't worry it'll be fine." Sadie said while she hugged you tightly.

"They're not just ordinary people Sadie! They are the parents of a famous actress. They obviously expect the person you date to be worthy of you." You said into her shoulder.

"You're paranoid." Sadie giggled as she pulled away.

"You didn't help me this time."

"I'm sorry." Sadie said while she kissed your cheek. "Look, there's nothing my parents can do about me not dating you anymore."

"You say that like you already know they won't like me." You whined.

"They won't like you." Sadie said as you looked at her with shock on your face. "Because they'll love you." She smiled.

You closed your eyes then exhaled a long breath.

"And if-" You started but the bell interrupted you.

"They're here." Sadie said with a smile and gave you a quick kiss on the lips. "Come on." She said then took your hand and you walked to the front door.

After Sadie opened the door her parents greeted her with a hug. You stood back a little from them. You fidgeted with your hands trying to relieve your nervousness.

"And this is Y/n, my girlfriend." Sadie introduced you to her parents.

"Good evening Mr and Mrs Sink. Nice to meet you." You said with a smile and then reached out to shake their hands.

"Come on, let's skip the formality." Sadie's mother said with a smile. "Come here." She said and pulled you into a tight hug. You returned the hug. "We used to hug." She sais with a smile after she pulled away.

You turned to Sadie's father who sent you sharp looks. Sadie saw your confusion and put her hand on your back to reassure you. Sadie's mother nudged Sadie's father with her elbow.

"I don't hug." He said and walkes past you into the kitchen.

Sadie and her mother looked between you and Sadie's father. You didn't think you could get any more nervous. You were wrong.

After you went into the kitchen, everyone sat down at the table. Sadie's parents sat next to each other and you and Sadie sat opposite them. Sadie took your hand under the table and drew a comforting cirlce on the back of your hand with her thumb.

During dinner, you feel Sadie's father's gaze burning a hole in you, but you tried to remain calm.

"So, Y/n." Sadie's mother began. "Tell me, what do you do for work?" She asked.

"I work in an office. I do administrative work." You said.

"Come on, she's just being modest." Sadie said. "She's just been promoted to boss." Sadie smiled.

"Congratulations Y/n." Sadie's mother said.

"Thank you." You said shyly.

"What are your plans for my daughter?" Sadie's father asked sharply.

"Dad!"

"Honey!"

Sadie and her mother spoke at the same time.

"What? I'm curious." He raised her hand defensively.

Sadie's mother rolled her eyes.

"Where are you from Y/n?" Sadie's mother asked, smiling.

"I was born in London and moved to Brooklyn with my parents when I was  12."

"And your parents?" Sadie's father asked.

"My parents divorced, my dad moved back to London and my mom..." You paused as Sadie put her hand on your thigh and squeezed it lightly. You took a deep breath. "And my mom died in  car accident a few years ago."

"Oh...I'm sorry!" Sadie's mother said.

"I'm sorry!" Sadie's father said with a softened face.

"No, it's okay. You couldn't have known." You said with a smile.

"So...what are your plans for my daughter?" Sadie's father asked again with a smile as you all started laughing.

"She's a special girl, that's for sure." You said, turning to Sadie and taking her hand. "To be honest, I knew from the moment I met her that I wanted her to be a part of my life, even if not my girlfriend." You turned to Sadie's parents. "I'd love to do anything to make her happy because if anyone deserves that, it's her." You turned again to Sadie who was wiping away her tears. "I'm planning for the long term even though we haven't been together that long but I definitely want us to move in together in the near future."

"And don't you want our blessing?" Sadie's father asked with a laugh.

"That would have been next." You laughed. "Can I have your blessing to keep your daughter dating with me and for us to move in together in the near future?"

Sadie's parents looked at each other and held hands. They smiled at each other and her mother noded. They both turned towards you. You waited nervously for their response, your legs shaking.

"You have our blessing." Sadie's father said with a smile.

Sadie jumped for joy and then pulled you with her jumping into your arms. She gave you a quick kiss, then got off you and pulled you close to her again.

"Thank you." You said happily to her parents.

"I guess I should apologize for my behavior. I was rude to you because you were not sympathetic at first sight. But I was pleasantly disappointed in you." Sadie's father said, then got up from the table, walked over to you and hugged you. "Welcome to the family."