Drugs || S.S (part 2)

"Hey. I know you don't really want to see me or talk to me right now but...can you give me a chance to fix it? Please...I really want us to be okay. Please call me back." You said into the answering machine and then disconnected the call.

Nervously you checked your phone every second but got no response.

---

Two weeks have passed and you still haven't heard from Sadie. You were probably the last person she wanted to talk to and you didn't blame her. But you didn't want to give up.

You wrote her every day. You wondered why she hadn't blocked your number because so many times you've texted her. You could only hope that when you woke up the next day you'd have a message from her. But it didn't.

Your mental state was in tatters. You thought about getting back into drugs, but you didn't. You wanted to fight this addiction. For yourself. For Sadie.

Another week went by.

For the last three days, you've had no strength. You haven't slept, you haven't eaten, you haven't even had the strength to get out of bed to bath. You just lay there staring at the ceiling.

Why am I such an idiot? Why didn't I ask for special help? Why did I turn to drugs? Why didn't I tell Sadie about this?

Your thoughts turn to Sadie again.

Sadie. That beautiful smile. Those beautiful blue eyes. Her voice. Her scent. Her touch. Her kiss.

You was flooded with shared memories.

The first meeting.

You were walking down the street with headphones in your ears. You were so lost in your thoughts that you accidentally bumped into someone. You immediately reached for her arm and she grabbed your shoulder to keep her from falling.

"Oh my God, I'm sorry. Are you okay? Did you hurt yourself?" You asked her worriedly.

"No, I'm fine. Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. But are you sure you didn't hurt yourself?"

"No, I'm fine. Don't worry." She smiled.

"I could have just been not watching too closely-"

"Lost in your thoughts? Yes, I saw."

"Let me make it up to you."

"No, there's no need. I'm really fine."

"I'd feel better."

The first date.

You went to the movies. You went to see Five Feet Apart. Sadie was excited about the movie because she loves romantic movies. You weren't really, but you went to see the film with her for Sadie.

Towards the middle of the movie, you took Sadie's hand and interlocked your fingers. Sadie turned to you and smiled and squeezed your hand gently. You caressed hers with your thumb while Sadie rested her head on your shoulder.

Towards the end of the film Sadie couldn't contain her feelings and started to cry and you comforted her.

After the film was over you drove Sadie home but when you wanted to go home she wouldn't let you so you slept over that night.

The first kiss.

It was on the third date. You organized a picnic.

"I'm full." You said as you lay on the blanket.