Dare || S.S

"See that redheaded girl over there?" Asked one of your best friends as he pointed towards the girl.

You nodded.

"How about that for your next dare." He grinned.

"What do you mean?" You asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Make her fall in love with you and then break her heart."

"That's a bit much, don't you think?" You asked.

"Oh what's wrong? Are you scared?" He asked sarcastically.

"I'm not scared." You defend yourself.

"So it's a deal?" He asked with a grin.

You groaned in annoyance. "Deal."

You and your best friends have had a tradition for years. You make each other do dares. At first it was childish dares, but as you got older, you came up with more exciting, wild and dangerous things to do together.

But it's the first time someone's ever had to pretend to be in love.

———

"Hi, excuse me. May I join you?" You asked with a smile after walking up to the redheaded girl.

She was sitting alone at the table so this was a great opportunity to get close to her.

She looked at you and replied with a warm smile. "Sure. There's plenty of seat anyway." She laughed.

"Thanks." You said and sat down next to her. "What's your name?"

"I'm Sadie." She said as she held out her hand to you.

"Y/n." You introduced yourself while shaking her hand. "And why is such a pretty girl alone?"

Sadie giggled. "Was that supposed to be some pick up line? Because if so, you're starting over."

You laughed and shook your head. "Sorry. Just curious."

"We just moved here so I don't really know anyone here." She shrugged.

"Well, that's not entirely true. You already know me, so your list of acquaintances isn't empty." You grinned.

"I only know your name."

"You can know more than my name. Only if you want to, of course. I'm not gonna force you to do anything, I just thought we could be friends." You smiled.

"It doesn't seem to me like you just want to be friends."

"What do you mean?" You asked, puzzled.

"You were trying to flirt with me."

"Sorry, I just got a little carried away. It's not every day I see a girl as pretty as you." You said, and Sadie tilted her head aside. "And I'm doing it again."

"Yeah." She laughed. "You're lucky you're cute."

"So who's flirting with who now?" You asked teasingly.

Sadie blushed slightly and buried her face in her palms.

"You're a bad influence."

"Bad influence? You only know my name." You laughed.

"Still." She laughed.

———

You spent most of the afternoon with Sadie. You showed her around the school.

You talked and laughed and got to know each other better.

In the evening you were in the dorm bathroom. You stepped into one of the showers. You were so lost in your thoughts that you didn't hear anyone else in there.