Stuck in the library || S.S

After class, you sit in the school library and read a book. You're so engrossed in the story of the book that you don't notice someone standing next to you. You only noticed when that someone cleared their throat. In your fright, you dropped the book from your hand while putting one hand on your chest.

"What the-" You started to scold the person who scared you and then you looked up and saw who it was.

Sadie. The girl you're secretly in love with. You don't know her personally, of course, and you probably didn't even say more than hello, but still. You can't help, but like Sadie because she's kind, friendly, direct and of course beautiful.

"Hi." She greets you with a smile.

"You're giving me a heart attack, Sadie." You said as you tried to calm your heartbeat.

Sadie giggled softly. "Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you, I was just looking for this book." She said as she picked up the book from the floor and held it out to you. "But it's like you've read this before."

"You must really be watching me if you know I've read it before." You said teasingly.

Sadie was not embarrassed. Not a bit.

She grinned. "I just happened to notice you reading my favorite book."

"Accidentally?" You asked, chuckling.

"Maybe, maybe not." She shrugged and then took a book off the shelf, sat down opposite you and began to read.

Once Sadie sat down and started reading you couldn't concentrate on the book. Sadie kept you more occupied.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." Sadie said as she continued to read the book.

"Wha- what?" You asked.

"I can feel you staring at me." Sadie said after putting the book in her lap.

"Oh I-I don't, I mean I just-" You stuttered nervously while scratching the back of your head.

Sadie laughed softly. "You're funny." She said and picked up the book again and continued reading.

———

Your phone started to buzz so you took it out of your pocket to see why it was buzzing. When you unlocked your phone you saw that the battery was dying.

You groaned in annoyance as you tilted your head back.

"What's wrong?" Sadie asked.

"My phone's battery is low soon." You replied.

"I have a charger." She said and started rummaging through her bag.

You giggled. "Thanks, but the iPhone charger doesn't work with Android phones."

"Yeah, you're right." She nodded then turned her wrist to check the time on her watch. "We've been here for almost two hours. We might have accidentally gotten stucked in the library we're so quiet." She laughed.

"Don't joke about that." You shook your head. "Maybe we should go then." You said.

"Let's go." Sadie agreed with you and you grabbed your stuff and walked towards the exit.

When you got to the door you grabbed the handle to open the door but nothing.

"Fuck..."

"Please tell me we're not stuck here." Sadie said with a slight panic in her voice.

"This is your fault." You groaned in annoyance.

"Why is it my fault?" Sadie asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Because you said we might be stucked in here and now look. They really did lock us in here." You whined.

"Okay, don't whine so much, I'm gonna call Rose." She said and then took out her phone and started dialing Rose's number. "Shit." Sadie was annoyed. "No signal."

"So we're stuck here for the weekend, great."

———

"What do we do now?" Sadie asked.

"Should we read the whole library?" You asked, laughing.

Sadie rolled her eyes playfully. "I have a better idea." She grinned.

"What?" You asked curiously.

"I can only show you." She grinned "Come here." She said as she gestured with her hand for you to come closer to her.

You sighed then walked over to Sadie who grabbed your arm and pulled you close. Your lips were inches apart.

"What are you doing now?" You asked a little nervously.

"What I've been wanting to do for a long time." She said.

"What-" You started but Sadie cut you off by pressing her lips to yours.

A few seconds later, after you realized what was happening, you kissed her back. Your lips moved in sync. Lack of air was the only reason you pulled away from each other.

"Maybe these two days won't be so bad, right?" Sadie asked with a grin.

"Not at all." You replied and then kissed her again.

———

The next day Sadie was sitting on your lap with a book in her hand that you were both reading. Or rather, Sadie read it out loud while you just listened. You put your arms around her waist and your head on her shoulder.

"Sadie?"

Sadie stopped reading and turned her head to the side to look at you.

"Yes?"

"Would you like to go out on a date with me?" You asked.

"I'd really like to go on a date with you." She smiled. "Just don't go near a library." She laughed.

"I was thinking a dinner."

"It'll be perfect." She said with a smile then kissed you.