Draw || S.S

Drawing is your hobby. When you draw, everything around you disappears and you concentrate only on the drawing. You like to sit out on your balcony and draw the sunrise or the sunset. For others it doesn't mean much, they don't live the moment because the sun rises and sets at the same time every day. But for you it means something else. Drawing is how you can really express yourself.

————

In the afternoon you decided to go to a nearby park. You sat down on a bench, took out your sketchbook and looked around to see what or who you could draw. There was a pond in the park where you noticed a red-haired girl sitting alone on the grass. As the afternoon sun shone on it...it was beautiful. You decided to draw her.

After the outlines you started to shape the drawing, trying to capture every detail of it. You were getting closer and closer to finishing the drawing, with only a few finishing touches to go.

When you finished the drawing, you smiled with satisfaction. Suddenly you had a feeling you had to know this girl. You don't usually show your drawings to anyone, but you felt you had to show them to her.

You got up from the bench and walked over to her.

"Hi, can I join you?" You asked shyly.

"Sure." She replied with a smile on her face.

"It's a beautiful view, isn't it?" She asked, glancing towards the lake.

"Yes, it is." You told her with a smile.

For a few minutes you just sat in silence, admiring the sunset. Slowly she turned to you and noticed the notebook in your hand.

"What's that?" She pointed to the notebook.

You looked down at the notebook in your hand but didn't answer her.

"I'm sorry, you don't have to answer if you don't want to..."

"This is my sketchbook." You said, shushing her.

"Can I see it?" She asked half-heartedly.

You handed her the sketchbook. She smiled at you when she took it from you. She started to flip through it, admiring all your drawings. After a few moments, she caught your drawing of her. She smiled.

"You're incredibly talented." She said with a smile.

"Thank you."

"This is my favorite." She pointed to the drawing of her.

"Actually...I came here to give you that drawing." You said, scratching the back of your head a little nervously.

"Really?" She asked.

You nodded.

"No one has seen my drawings but I felt you should see them."

"How long have you been drawing?" She asked, flipping through the sketchbook again.

"Since I was little. I can express myself through drawings, it calms me down." You replied.

"Like I said, you're incredibly talented. You have a flair for it, every drawing is like a story. Take this one, for example." She pointed to one of the drawings where a woman and a little girl are sitting on a terrace and hugging each other.

"Because it is." You said quietly. "That's my mum, that's the last time I saw her." You whispered and quickly wiped the tear from your cheek.

When you were little your mum was in a car accident and you were left alone with your dad.

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to-" she started but you cut her off.

"It's okay, you didn't know." You told her with a sad smile.

You were looking at your hands in your lap when you felt a hand on your shoulder. Slowly you lifted your head and found yourself face to face with the ocean blue eyes.

"Would you like to talk about it?" She asked gently. "It's okay if you don't, I just thought it might be better if you told someone." She continued. "Even a stranger." She said jokingly and you laughed.

"You're cute but I don't want to talk about it." You replied.

"I'm Sadie, by the way."

"Y/n. Nice to meet you." You held out your hand.

"Nice to meet you too." She said as she shook your hand.

——————————————————

The next moment you were aware of a loud bang.

'Was I dreaming? But it all seemed so real.' You thought to yourself.

You looked at the clock on your bedside table: 3:29 am. You sighed and walked to the kitchen for a bottle of water. When you got back to your room you sat down on your bed, drank the water and went back to bed. You took a deep breath and then closed your eyes and after a few moments you fell asleep.

————

You woke up this morning to your phone ringing. You grumbled as you reached for your phone to turn off the alarm. You slowly sat up in bed and checked the time: 9:30 am.

-------

In the afternoon you decided to go to a nearby park with your sketchbook. You sat down on the same bench where you sat in your dream.

And there SHE was.