New Year's kiss || S.S

"So you're not coming home after the party?" Asked Josh, your best friend.

You and Josh have been best friends since you were kids and decided to move in together when you were 18.

"No. I'm staying at Sadie's. She'll probably drink and someone will have to look after her." You said.

"Oh, I see." He nodded. "So you're finally going to take that big step?" He asked curiously.

"What big step?" You asked, puzzled.

"Sadie. You. New Year's Eve. Kiss."

"No."

"Why not? You've been in love with her since you met. I can't make a move for you and I would if I liked girls, but I don't." He said, and you giggled.

"I don't think tonight would be the best time for that." You shook your head.

"I think it's the perfect time." He said with a grin.

You sighed. "She'll be drunk and I don't want to take advantage of her situation. And besides, she doesn't like me that way so."

"You're overthinking it."

———

"We have arrived." The taxi driver said after he stopped in front of the house.

"Thank you. Happy New Year!" You said as you and Josh got out of the car.

"Looks like the party's in full swing. Let's go find your girlfriend." He said and then took your wrist and pulled you towards the house.

"She's not my girlfriend." You said and Josh pretended not to hear you.

After you walked in the door you were greeted by a small crowd of people who were divided into different groups, some drinking, some dancing and some out in the yard talking.

"Yn!" Sadie shouted after she saw you and walked towards you, swaying slightly.

When she was in front of you she put her arms around your neck and hugged you tightly. You wrapped your arms around her waist while Sadie rested her head on the crook of your neck. You could see and feel that she had been drinking.

"I'm so glad you're finally here. I missed you." She said into your neck.

"We met two days ago." You said laughing after you pulled away from each other.

"Which was 48 hours ago, and I can't go that long without you." She said. "Hi Josh." She thanked him and then hugged him too.

"Hi Sadie." Josh said as he hugged Sadie.

"Come on, let's get a drink." Sadie said and then took both of your hands and pulled you into the kitchen.

Once in the kitchen Sadie let go of Josh's hand but still held yours.

Josh held two cup out to you.

"I don't drink." You said.

"Come on Y/n, don't be so boring." Sadie said as she took both glasses from Josh. "A little won't hurt."

You sighed and then took one of the glass from her, Josh turned to you with his own glass in his hand. "One drink but nothing more. I have to look after you."

Sadie rolled her eyes then you clinked the glasses and drank the contents.

"Come dance with me." Sadie said then took your hand and pulled you into the living room.

You glanced helpfully at Josh who just grinned and gaped, "Kiss her."

You stopped in the middle of the living room, Sadie turned to you and started dancing. You followed her movements and with every move you got closer and closer.

After about half an hour, someone in the crowd shouted out and soon after, the countdown began.

"10!"

"9!"

Josh's words circled in your head.

Kiss her.

"8!"

"7!"

"6!"

"5!"

"4!"

"3!"

Summoning all your courage, you put your arms around Sadie's waist and pulled her even closer to you. Sadie put her arms around your neck and leaned into your ear.

"Will you be my New Year's kiss?" She whispered as your eyes opened wide.

Sadie pulled back so she could look into your eyes.

"2!"

"1!"

"Happy New Year!"

Before you could answer, she put her lips to yours. Your lips moved in sync and you only pulled away from each other when the air became a promblem.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted this." Sadie said after leaning her forehead against yours.

In response, you just kissed her again and were no longer interested in anything but Sadie.