Argument || S.S

"Where have you been?" Sadie asked with crossed arms when you walked through the door.

"I was busy."  You said but didn't look at her.

"What kind of  business?"

"Not important."

"It is important to me!" She cried.

"Sadie let's not start this now okay? I've had a long day and I want to take a shower and go to bed."

"Are you cheating on me?." She asked quietly.

"What?" You asked her but she knew it wasn't the "I didn't hear you properly" tone.

"Are you cheating on me?" She shouted.

"How can you say that? Of course I'm not cheating on you! What reason could I have to cheat on you? I love you Sadie!"

"Oh really? Well, I don't feel that at all! You hardly spend any time with me, you come home late, you hardly talk to me anymore. Whenever I want to be with you, you always find some excuse to leave the house. Is that what you call love?"

"You can't be serious."

"I am serious!"

"You know what? Forget it, I'm not in the mood for this conversation." You said as you walked up the stairs.

"See, you're doing it again! Running away from your problems because you're too cowardly to face them!" Sadie shouted after you.

You walked towards Sadie and pushed her against the wall. You raised your hand, Sadie thought you were going to hit her so she squeezed her eyes shut in fright, tears streaming down her cheeks. You didn't mean to hit her at all, you could never hurt her. You hit the wall with your fist full force. Sadie slowly opened her eyes and looked into yours. As you looked into her eyes, your eyes softened. You stepped away from her and started rubbing your fist. Sadie stepped towards you and slowly reached for your hand. She took your hand in hers. Blue and purple stains covered it. Sadie's eyes filled with tears again.

"Let's put some ice on it." She said with a pained smile.

You walked into the kitchen, you sat down on one of the chairs. Sadie opened the fridge and put ice in a bag. She walked over to you and put the bag of ice on your hand. There was silence between you for a few minutes.

"I'm sorry Sadie." You said, your voice shaking. "I'm sorry I haven't spent much time with you lately. I've treated you terribly lately and I understand why you think I've been cheating on you. " You said as tears blurred your vision.

"Hey, hey, don't cry. You didn't treat me bad at all. Don't think for a minute that. It was bad that you hardly spent any time with me but you didn't treat me bad. In these few months you've treated me better than anyone ever has. I couldn't have asked for a better than you, and I don't want one. You're all I ever wanted. I'm sorry I thought you were cheating on me. I know you'd never do that. It's just the mistrust in me coming out again. " She said as she played with her hands resting on her lap.

"I love you, Sadie. More than you know. I would never think of hurting you like that. I'd hate myself for it if it ever happened." You said.

Sadie raised her head and looked you in the eye.

"I love you." She said and then leaned over and kissed you.