Suspicion || S.S (part 2)

"Y/n..." Sadie's eyes watered again as she covered her mouth with her hand.

"I'm not really prepared for a speech so if I say something stupid it's not worth laughing at." You said while Sadie laughed.

"Sadie, I know you better than anyone and I knew you were suspicious but believe me that ring was the only reason I was acting suspicious this morning." You lifted the box in your hand a little.

"Loving you day after day is a new challenge..." You chuckled then continued. "But I wouldn't trade the five years I've spent with you for anything. I love you Sadie Sink and I look forward to many more years together." You smiled and took a deep breath. "Will you marry me?" You asked nervously.

Sadie didn't say anything for a few moments that scared  you. But then Sadie threw herself forward, put her arms around your neck and whispered into your lips. "Yes. Of course I'll marry you." She said and kissed you deeply.

While kissing, you heard the people at the station cheering and clapping, which made you smile into the kiss. After you pulled away from each other you stood up. You took the ring out of the box and put it on Sadie's finger. Sadie pulled you into another kiss.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

———

After you got in the car, your phone rang. You looked to see who was calling and saw it was Sadie's dad. You turned your phone to Sadie and Sadie giggled.

"Should I talk to him?" She asked.

"You don't have to. I can handle it." You replied.

After you pressed the answer button, Casey said angrily without saying hello. "Can you tell me why my daughter called her mother crying and told her she was coming home?"

"First of all, hello to you too." You laughed. "And secondly, I can explain."

"You'd better have an explanation, otherwise." He said menacingly and out of the corner of your eye you could see Sadie's shoulder shake with laughter.

You took a deep breath. "There's been a misunderstanding." You started but made the mistake of looking at Sadie then couldn't take it any longer and you both burst out laughing loudly.

"What are you laughing at?" Casey asked nervously.

After a few moments you calmed down. "So...there's been a misunderstanding. I was acting suspiciously this morning and Sadie assumed I was cheating." You said, but you couldn't continue because Sadie interrupted.

"I had a good reason, I followed you and saw that you were in the café with a girl I didn't know. What was I supposed to think?" Sadie laughed.

"The point is, I didn't cheat, I just...I just bought a ring and proposed to Sadie." You said, rambling.

For a few moments there was silence on the other end of the line.

"You proposed to my daughter?" Casey asked.

"Yes."

"And she said no?" Casey asked jokingly.