House Party || S.S (Part 2)

"Favourite colour?" You asked.

Sadie giggled. "Really?"

"What?"

"Nothing, I just thought you'd have better questions than that."

"Now why is it wrong to start from the basics?"

"It's fine, it's just that to get to know someone you have to talk about deeper things, not superficial things."

"You're right. I'm sorry."

"No need to apologize." She smiled. "I appreciate the basics."

You grinned. "So...favorite color?" You asked again as Sadie rolled her eyes.

"I'm beginning to regret this acquaintance." She laughed.

"Oh, come on. I bet ever since Millie told you about me you've wanted to know me." You said, but Sadie avoided your eyes. "Or has it been longer?" You asked curiously.

Sadie sighed then grinned. "Orange is my favourite colour." She said.

You giggled then rolled your eyes. "We'll come back to that." You said with a smile as Sadie laughed. "Why is orange your favorite color?"

"I never really thought about it." She started and then stopped and thought about her answer. "Because of the sunset. Many times when I want to be alone I just sit on the roof and watch the sunset. It calms me, I don't think about anything, I just live in the moment. Maybe that's why orange is my favourite colour." She finished with a smile.

You grinned. "Basic question." You said jokingly as Sadie gave you a stern look.

"What's your favourite colour?" She asked.

"Blue."

"Why?"

"Because it reminds me of the sky. Most people look up at the sky and all they see is blue. But to me it means something completely different. When I look up at the sky, it makes me feel happy and free. I was diagnosed with depression and when I was in my lowest moments I would look up at the sky and it was like everything around me just stopped. I felt no pain or sadness. That was my way out of depression."

Sadie didn't say anything instead she took your hand, pulled you up into a sitting position and pulled you into a tight hug. You hugged for minutes, neither of you wanting it to end. Sadie finally pulled away, took your face in her hands and stroked your cheek with her thumbs.

"I'm sorry you had to deal with depression. I can't even imagine how emotional it must have been for you or what you went through but you finally got out of that hole you were in and it only made you stronger, don't forget that." She said looking deep into your eyes as she wiped a single tear from your cheek.

"Thank you. It means a lot, really." You said with a smile and pulled her into a hug.

"I had no idea that this basic question would not only reveal our favourite colour but also something much deeper."

"I knew what to start with." You winked.

-----

"What was the most embarrassing moment in your life?" She asked.

You started laughing and then buried your face in your hands. "Funny in retrospect but incredibly embarrassing at the time."

"I definitely want to hear it now."

"In high school, there was a guy I really liked. I was walking down the hall one morning and I didn't realize someone was coming up behind me and I slammed my hand against his thigh. Spoiler alert it was this guy I really liked. I apologized to him right away and he freaked out that it wasn't even his thigh, it was his...you know. And I told him in vain, and even his friends who were there, that I had hit his thigh. I still don't understand what I liked about it because it was a real asshole and it stayed a real asshole." Sadie couldn't take it any more and burst out laughing. You started laughing too.

After you stopped laughing Sadie wiped away the tears that were streaming down her cheeks as she laughed.

"Okay, now it's your turn. What was your most embarrassing moment?"

"No, I'm certainly not going to tell you that."

"I've told it too, so it's only fair that you tell it too. Please." You looked at her with puppy eyes.

"Fine, I'll tell you."

"Yes." You cheered as Sadie rolled her eyes.

"It happened to me in high school. I was starring in a play with a guy and there was a kissing scene at the end. We didn't rehearse the kiss because we wanted it to look real. We got close to the kissing scene and I was terribly nervous because I'd never kissed before. When he leaned towards me I panicked and..." She said and then stopped and buried her face in her hands. "I can't believe I'm telling you this..." She took a deep breath and continued. "So I panicked and threw up on the guy's costume." She finished before you couldn't take it anymore and burst out laughing.

-----

It was around 3am when Sadie started yawning.

"Are you sleepy?" You asked.

"I could sleep now." She replied and then yawned again.

Sadie was now lying next to you, not on top of you. "Come here." You said as you spread your arms.

Sadie cuddled up close to you. Her head rested on the crook of your neck and her hand on your chest. You stroked her back with one hand and held her hand on your chest with the other.

"Sadie?"

"Hmm?"

"Would you like to go on a date with me?" You asked.

Sadie raised her head to look at you. "Yes, I would like to go on a date with you." She said then gave you a quick kiss, leaned her head back into the crook of your neck then you both fell asleep.