Just a cigarette || S.S

"Aren't cigarettes harmful?" A red-haired girl next to you asked.

"It's just a cigarette, so I'm not worried." You said sarcastically then took a deep drag on the cigarette and exhaled the smoke.

"I shouldn't have said spoken." She said resentfully then turned and walked back to the bar.

"No, wait!" You said as you reached for his hand. "Sorry, I'm just not in a very good mood."

"What happened?" She asked gently. "I mean, you don't have to talk about it, but maybe you'd feel better if you told someone." She added.

You sighed. "I caught my boyfriend cheating on me...well, now my ex-boyfriend."

"I'm sorry." She said and you could see in her face that she was really sorry.

"Don't be." You shook your head as you blew out the smoke again. "He's an asshole."

"Is there anything I can do for you?" She asked.

You was surprised by this question, because you don't know each other at all. You was surprised by her directness and the fact that she asked the question as if she really wanted to help you in some way.

You smiled gently. "A drink would be nice."

"Then come and have a drink." She said with a smile.

After you finished your cigarette you went back to the bar. You sat down at the bar next to each other and ordered your drinks.

The bar had a small stage where a girl with blonde curly hair and her band played music.

You took a sip of your drink and then pointed your finger towards the stage.

"That girl is very talented."

The redhead turned to the stage and then back to you.

"She is my best friend." She smiled.

"Do you play music too Sadie?" You asked as she raised an eyebrow. "What? Did you think I didn't know who you are?" You laughed.

"No, I was sure you knew who I was, I was just a little surprised."

"Why?"

"Because we haven't introduced ourselves." She smiled.

"I'm y/n." You held out your hand to her.

"Sadie." She shook your hand.

"Nice to meet you." You smiled.

"Nice to meet you too." She smiled too.

"So, you play music too?" You asked again.

"No. Well, yes, but not like her. I just help her out sometimes."

"Did you help her tonight?" You asked curiously.

"Yes." She smiled.

"I missed it..." You pouted.

Sadie laughed. "Maybe next time you'll have better luck."

"Maybe you should let me know when you'll be performing with her." She shrugged.

Sadie grinned. "Am I right in thinking you're asking for my number?"

"Only if you don't mind."

Sadie said nothing but took out her phone and handed it to you.

"You give me your number and I'll let you know as soon as I know about the performing." She smiled.

"That's fine." You said, then typed your number into her phone. "I've added a name if you don't mind." You grinned as you handed her her phone back.