Suspicion || S.S (part 1)

You and Sadie are cuddled up in bed. Neither of you want to get out of bed. Sadie sits on your waist with her arms around your neck. You put your hnads on her hips then you pull her close and kiss her. Before Sadie can deepen the kiss, your phone rings. You check to see who's calling you gently push Sadie off you.

"I have to take this." You said, then walked into the other room.

Sadie looked at you, puzzled, then got out of bed and followed you. As soon as you saw her standing in the doorway you closed the door. Sadie became suspicius.

'Who could she talking to? Why did she go into the other room to us the phone? What's going on?' She asked herself.

She decided to go back to the bedroom and change. A few minutes later, you went back to the bedroom to change too. You hurrierly changed. Sadie frowned and when you saw this in the mirror you turned to her.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" You asked as you pulled up your hoodie.

"Who were you talking to?" She asked, ignoring your question. She knew you were going to lie.

"An acquaintance." You replied.

"You're lying." She said quietly.

"What?"

"You're lying!" She shouted. "Why are you lying to me?"

"I'm not lying. Why would I lie to you?" You asked in a calm voice. Sadie rolled her eyes then turned away from you and walked into the bathroom.

"I have to go." You said as you walked over to Sadie and kissed her cheek. "I love you."

You waited for Sadie to say she loves you too but she didn't. "Okay. I'll be back soon." You said and walked back into the bedroom.

You grabbed your phone and your key and left.

You knew Sadie was suspicious but you didn't think she'd follow you.

---

You walked to a nearby café where you had an appointment with a girl. You talked for a few minutes. Sadie was warching you from the window of the café. She didn't know the girl sitting across from you. You seemed to be having a good time because you were laughing.

Sadie got fed up, turned around and ran home.

You handed the girl an envelope. And the girl handed you a small box.

You opened the box and looked at the ring inside. You smiled when you saw it.

"It's perfect. Thank you." You said as you stood up and shoock the girl's hand.

"Glad I could help." She smiled and you said goodbye.

---

Sadie ran home crying. As soon as got up to your shared bedroom she opened the closet and threw your clothes out. She sobbed and grabbed a bag and packed enough clothes for a few days.

From the picture fram on the bedside table, she took out the picture of you and looked at it crying. She wiped her eyes and then took a lighter and lit the picture. As soon as it was burnt, she ran out of the house and headed for the train station.

As soon as you got home and went up to the shared bedroom, you looked around the room with furrowed eyebrows.

"Sades! Where are you?" You called out as you looked around the apartment to find Sadie.

You grabbed your phone and called her but she didn't answer. You got in your car and drove off. You had no idea where she had gone. In the car you started calling her again.

"Come on Sadie, pick up!" You drummed nervously on the wheel. Again she didn't pick up so you called her mum.

After Lori answered the phone without saying hello, you just said. "Tell me you know where she is."

Lori sighed. "At the train station. She said she was coming home."

"Shit!"

"Whatever happened Y/n, hurry up and fix it."

---

Sadie sat down on an empty seat as soon as she boarded the train and began to cry.

'How could she do this to me? 5 years means nothing to her?' She asked herself as tears blurred her vision.

You knew that you would have to change trains at some point, so you hurried to the station where it would change. As soon as you parked, you rushed to the station, just hoping that she hadn't already transferred to another train.

You blew out your breath with relief when you heard the loudspeaker announce that the train Sadie was on would be pulling into the station in a few mimutes.

You waited nervously and then when the train stopped you looked for Sadie. As soon as you saw her get off the train, you walked over to her. She turned towards you and was about to say something but didn't have the chance.

You took the little box from your pocket and knelt down in front of her.