All Too Well || S.S

The beginning

You and Sadie were lying in bed facing each other. Sadie stroked your cheek while you played with her hair.

"Are you for real?" She asked with a smile.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know, I just feel like maybe I made you up."

———

Your sister had to go away for a long time for work so she gave you the key to her house so that you could check on from time to time.

With Sadie by your side, you stopped at the door of the house and took out the keys to unlock the door.

You unlocked the door and went in after Sadie. As you entered the house Sadie looked around in amazement. She took off her red scarf and hung it on the stairbarrier and then excitedly followed you as you made a small house tour.

———

"Shall we go?" You asked Sadie with a smile.

"Where to?" She asked, puzzled.

"I want to show you a place. You'll like it." You said.

"Okay." She smiled.

You got in the car and started driving. After a while you turned off onto a forest road. The window of the car rolled down a little and the breeze made Sadie's hair fly around. The radio played quiet music while you and Sadie talked. Sadie smiled and admired you as you drove. For a while you turned your eyes to Sadie. Then you let go of the steering wheel with one hand and laced your fingers with Sadie's.

After you stopped the car you turned to Sadie.

"Wow!" Sadie wondered as she looked around.

"You like it?" You asked.

"I love it. Autumn is beautiful." She said. "Shall we go now?" She asked, laughing.

Laughing, you shook your head and then you both got out of the car and started walking down the path. After a while you noticed that Sadie was no longer walking beside you but behind you. You turned around and then Sadie suddenly jumped on your back, causing you to sway slightly but you quickly regained your balance.

"Carry me, please. I don't feel like walking anymore." Sadie pouted as you grabbed her thigh with both hands, holding her.

"What I won't do for you." You joked.

Sadie leaned forward and gave you a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks, love."

Sadie got off your back after a while and walked beside you. You put one arm around her shoulders and pulled her to you and kissed her temple as Sadie turned to face you and looked at your lips.

You understood immediately what she wanted so you didn't wait any longer, kissed her and only pulled away when air became a problem.

"Would you like to see the lake?" You asked after you pulled away.

"Absolutely." She replied with a smile.

You walked hand in hand on to the lake. You sat down on a bench while watching the sunset. Sadie took out her earphones and started up some music. She put one half of the earpiece in her ear and the other half in yours so you could listen to the music together. Sadie rested her head on your shoulder while you enjoyed nature, music and each other's company.

———

The first crack in the glass

Your friends have arrived for dinner. You greeted everyone happily and Sadie introduced herself. After dinner, you talked about old things over a glass of wine. You talked about old school, friends and what had happened to whom since you hadn't seen each other. Sadie sat next to you, quietly watching and giggling while you and your friends laughed at some funny old story.