Insecure || S.S

"Hi, honey." You smiled and said hello to Sadie when she got home.

No reply.

"Sadie, are you okay?"

Again, no answer, like talking to a wall.

"Sadie." You said louder.

Sadie didn't even look at you, she just walked upstairs and slammed the door behind her. You looked after her with raised eyebrows, not understanding what was wrong.

You walked slowly upstairs but stopped outside the room when you heard a soft cry. Slowly you raised your hand to knock.

"Sadie, can I come in?" You asked.

Sadie didn't answer but you didn't want her to be alone so you slowly opened the door and walked into the room. Sadie stood in front of the mirror in her bra and underwear while looking at her body with disgust on her face.

Sadie looked at you through the mirror and as soon as she saw you she started crying even harder.

You quickly walked up behind her and hugged her tightly.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm here, I'm here." You whispered in her ear.

Sadie turned around in your arms, wrapped her arms around your torso and buried her head in your chest as she continued to cry. You drew tiny circles on her back and whispered soothing words in her ear. A few minutes later, after Sadie had calmed down, she pulled away from you.

"Do you want to talk about it?" You asked gently as Sadie shook her head.

You nodded and then walked over to the closet and pulled out a sweatpants and a hoodie and handed them to Sadie.

"Cuddle?" You asked with a smile.

Sadie nodded with a small smile on her face and after getting dressed you snuggled in bed together. You pulled her close to you while stroking her back. Sadie buried her head in your chest and listened to your heartbeat.

After a few minutes, Sadie lifted her head from your chest.

"Do you think I'm fat?" She asked quietly.

"No, not at all. Why would you ask me that?"

"Because I don't feel pretty at all..." she said quietly as she bowed her head.

"Hey." You said as you put your hand under her chin and lifted her head. "Why do you feel like you're not pretty?"

"Because I know I'm not. There are prettier girls than me and I just...disgust myself." She cried.

"You're the prettiest girl I've ever met." You smiled.

"You're just saying that because I'm your girlfriend."

"And also because it's true. You're beautiful, Sadie." You said, looking deep into her eyes. "But it seems like I'll have to tell you that more than once a day before you get it through your silly head."

Sadie giggled.

"I've missed that." You said while stroking her cheek with your thumb.

"Missed what?" She asked curiously.

"The happy and smiling Sadie. Grumpy Sadie is not my favorite." You laughed.

Sadie shook her head, laughing.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" You asked.

"Yes, I know." She nodded.

"If you ever feel insecure about yourself, just tell me, okay? I'd love to help you with anything. And I'm willing to do my best to get it into your silly head how precious you are." You smiled.

Sadie leaned forward and gave you a peck on the lips.

"I love you." She whispered against your lips.

"I love you too, my love."